The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
Cheers pretty much the same points
In the conclusion do you give your opinion?

Yep, the conclusion for all of these types of questions is that it isn't a single doctrine
Original post by blackdiamond97
Yep, the conclusion for all of these types of questions is that it isn't a single doctrine

Ahhh thanks
Sorry for the 1000 questions
Just have a terrible teacher so pretty much doing most of the teaching myself
Exam technique is important hence all the questions lol
Have you learned a lot of quotes?
Original post by xxvine
Ahhh thanks
Sorry for the 1000 questions
Just have a terrible teacher so pretty much doing most of the teaching myself
Exam technique is important hence all the questions lol
Have you learned a lot of quotes?

I learnt one quote for all major strands in all the ideologies, not too sure it's enough though
Reply 503
Original post by ohmycurls
any predictions on 3D and 4D?

Hey! let me know if you find out any predictions? thank you!
Hey has anyone got 3 point plans for the 15 markers "Explain the link between multiculturalism and liberalism" and "on what grounds have liberals criticised multiculturalism? Thanks
Original post by ItsMahbuba
Does anyone study Route D for politics? There is literally no resources apart from one book

Is there anyone with resources??

I'm doing 3D and 4D, literally my only resource is Andrew Heywood's textbook on Global Politics. If it weren't for Andrew, I'd be screwed!

If you haven't got this textbook, there's a pdf free version of the textbook online.
Original post by chaotic.school
I'm doing 3D and 4D, literally my only resource is Andrew Heywood's textbook on Global Politics. If it weren't for Andrew, I'd be screwed!

If you haven't got this textbook, there's a pdf free version of the textbook online.

Could you link me the pdf so I can put it in the OP please?
Original post by BeaGomes
Hey has anyone got 3 point plans for the 15 markers "Explain the link between multiculturalism and liberalism" and "on what grounds have liberals criticised multiculturalism? Thanks

In that question do you just talk about liberal multiculturalism and liberalism

Are you meant to mention the other strands?
Original post by i22
Hey! let me know if you find out any predictions? thank you!

For 3D 45 markers, I'm prepping myself thoroughly for World Order and EU& regionalism

I predict something either on US hegemony or with factors of power (military/economic/population/geographical location etc) or it could be on multipolarity and anarchy- be prepared for any.

for topic 4, I predict something like...
to what extent is the EU federal?
or
EU exceptionalism (its unique model being able to be implemented in other regional bodies)

I'm more nervous about the 15 markers. I tend to do well in 45 markers, but can never think of 3 fully developed points, always 2 well developed and 1 weak point.
So, for 15 markers, I think for topic 3, they might ask something on the UN, seeing as last year they asked about the IMF and they have already asked about the other economic institutions
Could you link me the pdf so I can put it in the OP please?

Yep sure,

https://wiki.zirve.edu.tr/sandbox/groups/economicsandadministrativesciences/wiki/165d3/attachments/da4fd/Andrew_Heywood_Global_Politics_Palgrave_Foundations_Series__2011.pdf?sessionID=8940d4002f706e131a7b4041f136555e3b9837d4

It is a first year undergrad textbook, so it contains more than we need to know, but covers everything on the spec!
(edited 7 years ago)
I learnt one quote for all major strands in all the ideologies, not too sure it's enough though

Do you think we will get a liberalism democracy question for liberalism?
Have you got any predictions?
Original post by chaotic.school

I have the book but I find it so hard to understand some of the stuff :frown:
Original post by xxvine
In that question do you just talk about liberal multiculturalism and liberalism

Are you meant to mention the other strands?

I don't know thats why I'm asking for plans
I don't know thats why I'm asking for plans

How's unit 3
You ready?
Anyone doing American Politics? What do we think will come up?
Original post by ItsMahbuba
I have the book but I find it so hard to understand some of the stuff :frown:

yeah, I feel ya. I just spent the whole of today wracking my brains around global economic governance (my least favourite topic), and personally I feel like I've covered a lot, but overall, made little progress :')

Do you have the Heywood book? Just look for the section on the liberal critique in the multiculturalism part of the book.
Explain the link between liberalism and multiculturalism:
-support for individual liberty and autonomy
- a distinction between the public and private divide; individuals can practice their own culture,religious or ethinic identities in the privacy of their home or family BUT the public realm should abide by a common national identity or shared citizenship E.g. Tony Blair " the right to be different, the duty to intergrate. This is what being British means" after the 2005 London bombing . also mention France and how evidence of religious identity is banned in schools or public instutitons
- a belief in tolerance and forebearance; however they are not morally neutral about tolerance, we should not tolerate the intolerant ( Deep diversity such as FGM and forced marriage)
-support for equal rights eg. New Race Relations Act 1976 , Human Rights Act 1998
-liberals are pluralists; the acceptance of different groups and cultures to co exist, it snitches society and makes it more dynamic
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Do you have the Heywood book? Just look for the section on the liberal critique in the multiculturalism part of the book.

Attachment not found
Original post by alibizi
Attachment not found

Hey how you doing?

Hows revision going? Have you been given any predictions yet?