The Student Room Group

Edexcel June 2016 FP2 UK (and IAL) Solutions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Maybe 74. Probably 75.

Thanks, PRSOM
'Yes, I used α\alpha myself. No marks dropped.'

If I did this but didn't state alpha = arccos(3/4) even though I worked that out in part a, how many marks would I lose?
(edited 7 years ago)
Marks dropped on the last question due to calculation error? (Integration and limits being correct)
Showed adding together and multiplying by 2 etc
@Zacken
Reply 23
Original post by edothero
Marks dropped on the last question due to calculation error? (Integration and limits being correct)
Showed adding together and multiplying by 2 etc
@Zacken

Drop 2 max.
Original post by Zacken
Drop 2 max.

Cheers. With generous boundaries I reckon I could be in for 90UMS. Lots of work to do for FP3 if I wanna get an A*.
Will you be doing FP3 too?
Reply 25
Original post by edothero
Cheers. With generous boundaries I reckon I could be in for 90UMS. Lots of work to do for FP3 if I wanna get an A*.
Will you be doing FP3 too?

I'm sure you'll bag the A* easy!

Yep, doing FP3 as well. :yes:
Original post by Zacken
I'm sure you'll bag the A* easy!

Yep, doing FP3 as well. :yes:

Thanks bro. Saving lives out here :laugh:
On the argand diagram I drew mine exactly the same as yours, however my teacher ,who is also an examiner, said that I may only get one mark for showing the points and not marking on a scale.
Reply 28
For 4ai I moved the qx to the other side and moved dx to the other side, then i integrated 1/p dt and 1/r-qx dx. Also i didnt work out c in the end at all and i ended up with x = r/q -r/(q x e^qt/p x e^qc). Would i get 0 marks because it allowed me to do ii? Also in the end i changed r/q to A and r/e^qc to B so i had x= A + B/e^qt/p.
Cheers man!
In Q1 I somehow managed to get x^2 - 1 on the top not x^2 - 2 (arithmetical error, normally would have picked up on it but I was so stressed about Q4 lol). Other than that, my method was fine. How many marks do you think I'd lose?

Also, in Q4b) I did IBP twice and then got really confused. Though I worked out a value for c (for my wrong equation) in the hopes that I'd get a method mark for working out c (wishful thinking lol). How many marks would I lose if I stopped after IBP twice and worked out a wrong c?

Finally (sorry!), in the last part of the last question, I did the integration right for both, and the correct method, but subbed in the wrong limits for C1, but the correct ones for C2 (the one you had to double - sorry if I have them round the wrong way). How many marks would I lose?

Sorry for the small essay, and thanks for putting this up - it's a real help!
Reply 31
Original post by NamelessPersona
On the argand diagram I drew mine exactly the same as yours, however my teacher ,who is also an examiner, said that I may only get one mark for showing the points and not marking on a scale.

I heavily doubt it. It's more like A1 for same lengths of each line and A1 for general quadrant position.

Original post by Zureepi
For 4ai I moved the qx to the other side and moved dx to the other side, then i integrated 1/p dt and 1/r-qx dx. Also i didnt work out c in the end at all and i ended up with x = r/q -r/(q x e^qt/p x e^qc). Would i get 0 marks because it allowed me to do ii? Also in the end i changed r/q to A and r/e^qc to B so i had x= A + B/e^qt/p.

Yeah, sounds like 0 marks for (a) and possibly 1 mark for (b).

Original post by AmarPatel98
Cheers man!

No problem, glad it's useful! :smile:

Original post by blayneandkert
In Q1 I somehow managed to get x^2 - 1 on the top not x^2 - 2 (arithmetical error, normally would have picked up on it but I was so stressed about Q4 lol). Other than that, my method was fine. How many marks do you think I'd lose?

Drop 2/3 marks.

Also, in Q4b) I did IBP twice and then got really confused. Though I worked out a value for c (for my wrong equation) in the hopes that I'd get a method mark for working out c (wishful thinking lol). How many marks would I lose if I stopped after IBP twice and worked out a wrong c?

Probably get 3/4 marks out of 7.

Finally (sorry!), in the last part of the last question, I did the integration right for both, and the correct method, but subbed in the wrong limits for C1, but the correct ones for C2 (the one you had to double - sorry if I have them round the wrong way). How many marks would I lose?

Drop 2 marks. (you had to double both of them btw)

Sorry for the small essay, and thanks for putting this up - it's a real help!

No worries at all, glad it's useful! :smile:
Original post by Zacken
Maybe 74. Probably 75.

got about 53, what grade would that be?
Just realised I didn't work out c on any parts of 4. So annoyed as I specifically read it for question 7 but it said general solution. Guessing I've lost 3-4 marks in total now (unless there's pedantic mark schemes), would that still be 90 UMS?
@Zacken On 4ii i only got to the stage were i had the intergral of E^2xsinx, how many marks do you think i will lose out of 7? Thanks for all your hard work :smile:
Original post by Jackmleitch
@Zacken On 4ii i only got to the stage were i had the intergral of E^2xsinx, how many marks do you think i will lose out of 7? Thanks for all your hard work :smile:

I think you'd get 3/7, one for IF, one for reverse chain rule and one for integrating wrt θ
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

The solutions for the UK Edexcel June 2016 FP2 paper can be found here.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CGjKYdIeFEQm15cnVSRlh5SkU

Seems like a standard paper overall bar the massively ugly polar coordinates question. Expecting slightly lower boundaries than previous years.

Cheers,
Zacken.

Thank you very much Zacken!

I see for the De Moivre question, you didn't show that z^n - z^-n = 2i sin n theta. I also forgot to do this. Would I lose any marks, as it asked 'using De Moivre's Theorem'

Also, how many marks would I lose on question 4 ii if I used x instead of theta, and forgot to find C (so just gave the general solution). I did the IBP correctly.

Thanks once again!
Reply 37
Original post by sunsri101
Thank you very much Zacken!

I see for the De Moivre question, you didn't show that z^n - z^-n = 2i sin n theta. I also forgot to do this. Would I lose any marks, as it asked 'using De Moivre's Theorem'

You won't lose any marks.

Also, how many marks would I lose on question 4 ii if I used x instead of theta, and forgot to find C (so just gave the general solution). I did the IBP correctly.

Thanks once again!

Drop 2 marks.
Original post by Zacken
You won't lose any marks.

Drop 2 marks.

Thanks!
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

The solutions for the UK Edexcel June 2016 FP2 paper can be found here.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CGjKYdIeFEQm15cnVSRlh5SkU

Seems like a standard paper overall bar the massively ugly polar coordinates question. Expecting slightly lower boundaries than previous years.

Cheers,
Zacken.

Arsey=Zacken=TeEm confirmed ?

Nah, jk. Good work. I thought this paper was quite standard as well, no idea why most people on TSR were losing marks to be honest. 4 b) is just usual c.f./p.i. solution to 1st order ODE and last question came up in 2013 and was even more fiddly than this year's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending