The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Has someone done a hitler video yet ?

I feel like doing one
Original post by tomhiggins7
yeah i put the initial gradient as the same, but said the the acceleration would continue increasing for a longer period, and my sketch on the graph had the same initial gradient and stayed steeper than the other gradient for longer, until it reached a constant velocity, a bit higher up than the lorry without the leak.

Didn't it say that the water will leak out during all the time shown on the graph?
Reply 382
Original post by Nerrad
It said you can draw ON the graph, not draw a graph haha. So I drew a dotted line between when the gradient is increasing and when the gradient is 0. Then labelled resistive force=driving force and resistive force < driving force. Hope I'm right

Yeah i just drew another curve on the graph
Original post by mbh16
Yeah i just drew another curve on the graph

What did yours look like?
Here are some numerical answers I got in the order they were in the exam, no idea if they are correct:

(Bear in mind I didn't have time to save the x10^x for the numbers - very rushed exam!)

361 < (moment of weight)
no,yes,yes,no (the sound waves thing, dunno if its right)
Reply 385
Original post by thatcooldude2.0

Same as the first but with a slightly steeper gradient and a higher plateau after a longer time

did everyone get 3 for the number of diffraction angles? I hate those questions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rahmada
The embankment one:

R (Reaction force at embankment) = 0
Resolve from the rock.
Vertical force at the left much be greater than the right for the boy to stand without falling

Mass of boy = 46kg Distance to boy = 0.8
Mass of plank = 40kg Distance to C.O.M = 1.2

46g * 0.8 = 40g * 1.2 + C
313.6 = 361 + C
C is negative so the boy can stand.

That's how I did it.

If you're doing it from the bank you need the support force of the rock which would be 86g I think?
i Think alot of people in this thread are forgetting that for the 6 mark question, The initial Acceleration at t= 0 will be the same as the one that is not leaking because the mass is the same as no water has leaked out already. I also mentioned that Force = Coefficient of friction x reaction force and that reaction force = weight so therefore the Force is dependant on the mass of the truck so the maximum frictional force will be less because of the smaller mass, this will lead to a greater velocity reached.

For the Diamond question , i said that the material which had a greater refractive index would have a smaller refractive index and therefore there is a higher probability of angle of incidence being greater than the critical angle which would lead to more total internal reflection
(edited 7 years ago)
So depressed now.
How many points was the diamond drawing? I didnt have time so skipped it
My curve was steeper gradient, reaching terminal velocity earlier and a higher terminal velocity than the other.
Reply 391

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 16.19.52.png

A bit like this but then flattened it off
Yes at the start the gradient is the same... At 0... But as soon as it leaves rhe origin the gradient will be steeper as water has leaked?
What did you guys get for the max vertical height in the projectile motion question?

1.3 i think

using u=5
a=-9.81
v = 0
Original post by WashingPowder
i Think alot of people in this thread are forgetting that for the 6 mark question, The initial Acceleration at t= 0 will be the same as the one that is not leaking because the mass is the same as no water has leaked out already. I also mentioned that Force = Coefficient of friction x reaction force and that reaction force = weight so therefore the Force is dependant on the mass of the truck so the maximum frictional force will be less because of the smaller mass, this will lead to a greater velocity reached.

Yeah your correct....i out the greater velocity but didnt catch the gradient part.....you think maybe dropped 2 marks for that?
Reply 395
Original post by clarkey500
If you're doing it from the bank you need the support force of the rock which would be 86g I think?

I resolved from the rock so you can ignore all the forces through it,.
Original post by Nerrad
Did anyone get 2.9ms^-1 for the rocket question which means that the engine will manage to decelerate to the safe speed?

yes
Reply 397
Original post by micycle
This is how I drew it:

Damn i did this first time but then I dooubted if the ray entered the diamond vertically or horizontally so I did it differently in the end :frown:
Original post by Rahmada
I resolved from the rock so you can ignore all the forces through it,.

Oops! misread what you put! I resolved from the rock and found that he could walk without it tipping!
Reply 399
Original post by Ben_Clare
yes

i messed this one up because i said that the forces were not the same and that it would not slow it down safely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending