The Student Room Group

GRADE BOUNDRIES Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amanii_ox
too difficult? like 60% OF THE YEAR FOUND IT HARDISH

Yeah, it was a real mix in my year. Some people said they found it super easy, and others like myself found it challenging. I dunno maybe because it was under exam stress/conditions...
🌚🌚🌚
Original post by romansholiday
Yeah, it was a real mix in my year. Some people said they found it super easy, and others like myself found it challenging. I dunno maybe because it was under exam stress/conditions...

TEST paper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM&feature=youtu.be
Original post by Mahee2499
I was having a guess at what they might look like, this is not 100% correct. But I would use this as a maximum grade boundary, not a minimum.

really!! than i might get A*, i thought the grade boundary for A* would be something like 170-175.... but if 160 is the maximum than i guess i was wrong
Original post by Mahee2499
Well... Seeing as the paper wasn't too difficult, I wouldn't be surprised if these were the grade boundaries.

The national average would have to be highly consistent... You need to consider that for every 5 people who get eighty, two may have gotten really low (20) and it brings the high eighties down massive in terms of averages... Consider that on a national scale and that's why they won't increase much
Reply 26
Original post by Marshall Taylor
The national average would have to be highly consistent... You need to consider that for every 5 people who get eighty, two may have gotten really low (20) and it brings the high eighties down massive in terms of averages... Consider that on a national scale and that's why they won't increase much

Alright, thanks for your reply.
Original post by mediaya
really!! than i might get A*, i thought the grade boundary for A* would be something like 170-175.... but if 160 is the maximum than i guess i was wrong

I can guarantee the A* would't be 175 :s-smilie:
Yeah dumb ****
Reply 29
For the trial and improvement question, I did all the working and narrowed it down between 3-7 & 3.8 but I accidentally put down the wrong one (3.7). How many marks would i get for this question out of the four?? Thanks.
I think I got like 32 marks on paper 1 and around 36-39 marks on paper 2. What's the chances I'll get a C?
Reply 31
Test paper haven't included the stem and leaf diagram.!
Reply 32
The video I mean. Apologies!
I think I got 126/200 :frown: Assuming this will be a B :frown:
Original post by Dizgurl
I can guarantee the A* would't be 175 :s-smilie:

Oh oki then thats good then
so for a C it will be 60 above or 57?
Original post by TheNerdxP
Seems like I'm stuck with a B :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

same lol
so do you think 60 above will be a C or 57?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
You are suggesting that the grades will be 15 marks more for an A and B than last year?! I highly doubt it...

This exam was pisz easy compared to last!
Reply 39
Original post by Nafisakhan
so do you think 60 above will be a C or 57?

70 marks in total on a higher paper will get you a C whereas to get a C in the foundation paper you need to get 140 marks in total. So honestly, you have greater chance of passing on higher than foundation. Hope that answered your question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest