The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rahmada
Same as the first but with a slightly steeper gradient and a higher plateau after a longer time

did everyone get 3 for the number of diffraction angles? I hate those questions.

Yep i got 3....because using equation n was 3.3 so couldnt be 4 when you equate the right side of sin equation to 1
Original post by JamieOH
Yes at the start the gradient is the same... At 0... But as soon as it leaves rhe origin the gradient will be steeper as water has leaked?

Yes the gradient will decrease to a greater extent, because F=ma tells us that because the resultant force will be greater and m will be lower the acceleration acting on it would be greater than the other truck at the same time.
Original post by philo-jitsu
Yeah your correct....i out the greater velocity but didnt catch the gradient part.....you think maybe dropped 2 marks for that?

Yeh i wouldn't think that would be many marks probably one mark for noticing the initial acceleration wouldn't change
The grating question....did you see the blue light first?
It wasnt really that bad apart from timing. Could of been a lot worse...

My famous last words

I put violet but I'm terrible at waves so ifk
What did people put for the oscilloscope.....why they put them in unit 2 i have no idea....im jsed to describing fringe patterns not bloody amplitdues!!!!
Reply 407
Original post by JamieOH

It must be either red or violet because they are at either end of the visible spectrum. I just don't have a clue which.
Original post by JamieOH

Sorry i meant violet.....the bluest one lol...im crap at colours!!!

Violet because the lower wavelength would be seen first because sin(theta) is proportional to wavelength , so the smaller wavelength (violet) would have a smaller value of sin(theta )and therefore a smaller value of theta so you would see it first.
Reply 410
Original post by WillRose
Took moments about the rock to find out the maximum mass that can be put on before tilting (when reaction at the bank = 0)

That mass was 48kg

46<48 therefore he can stand without tilting

yeah thats pretty much what is did then.

M(rock) 1.2m*32g must be > 0.8m*46g which is true so he can
Original post by WillRose
1.3 i think

using u=5
a=-9.81
v = 0

That's what I used so I probably got that!
Sorry i meant violet.....the bluest one lol...im crap at colours!!!

I'm colourblind I should get that mark for free :smile:
What did people put for the oscilloscope.....why they put them in unit 2 i have no idea....im jsed to describing fringe patterns not bloody amplitdues!!!!

This was there single slit diffraction question , i just said the reasons why AB would get smaller (closer) , a smaller width
Reply 414
Original post by Billsonbubbles
Has someone done a hitler video yet ?

I feel like doing one

My mates almost finished one :P
Original post by Rahmada
It must be either red or violet because they are at either end of the visible spectrum. I just don't have a clue which.

Pretty sure it was violet since fringe spacing = (lambda x distance)/s so the smaller the wavelength the smaller the fringe spacing, so you would see the smallest wavelength first which is violet
Any chance of an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by WashingPowder
This was there single slit diffraction question , i just said the reasons why AB would get smaller (closer) , a smaller width

I put that too....but it was 3 marks so i said amplitude stays the same.....ive never even heard of a question that relates wavelength to amplitude
Original post by micycle
This is how I drew it:

For the last ray I drew it refracted away from the normal because it was going from more optically dense to less, is this wrong?
Original post by the_chosen_one97
For the support force i got 196N
Show 12ms-1 = 11.831....ms-1
Work out horizontal speed = 10.9ms-1
A few other answers I got:
0.21ms-2
3.3ms-1
0.18J

I recall getting most of these at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest