The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Exam - G482 Electrons, Waves, Photons [09/06/16]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NickLCFC
Yeah I got something like 340, and I got 256Hz for the fundamental frequency (512/2)

Oh crap that 1 mark confused me i forgot what to do what did you get for the visible light letter i pit down C and i got C in the question which made you use hf= E1-E2
Reply 81
Original post by Abb97
Oh crap that 1 mark confused me i forgot what to do what did you get for the visible light letter i pit down C and i got C in the question which made you use hf= E1-E2

Defo got C, I put C D and E for visible light though, didn't have a clue xD
Reply 82
Oh and did everyone get 5 for the powers of ten question? I got 4 to start with but I think it depended on what wavelength of visible light you picked
Original post by Abb97

Original post by RBoss

Can't remember what I got for that. All I can remember is that I used 500nm as being the wavelength for visible light and chose the letter closest to that value.
Original post by RBoss
Oh and did everyone get 5 for the powers of ten question? I got 4 to start with but I think it depended on what wavelength of visible light you picked

Yeah I got 5
Reply 85
Original post by Abb97
Resistance was 67/3 and V was given as 5 so do I=v/r and i was ~220mA therefore i selected 500mA anyone else do this?

This is exactly what I did
Original post by RBoss

I think it had something to do with A and B having long wavelengths so they must have been radio and microwaves and E/D being gamma and x rays as they had a short wavelength so Visible light is in between these therefore C
Reply 87
Original post by RBoss

I got 5 as well
I put 6 ;_; don't know where 10-7 came from
Reply 89
Original post by Abb97
I think it had something to do with A and B having long wavelengths so they must have been radio and microwaves and E/D being gamma and x rays as they had a short wavelength so Visible light is in between these therefore C

Looking it up, the wavelength from visible light ranges from ~400nm to ~770nm, so this would cover the values for C, D and E
(edited 7 years ago)
When is the unofficial mark scheme coming out?
Reply 91
Original post by RBoss

Yes I got 5 too.
What do yo guys think the A grade boundary will be?
Reply 93
Original post by Abb97
When is the unofficial mark scheme coming out?

I saw post by teachercol saying it'll be done tomorrow/tomorrow evening
Reply 94
Original post by Abb97

visible light has wavelength about 1 x 10^-7 m so I picked the closest to that one, since all of them were 10^-9 I picked the smallest out of them, but was it nano milometer rather than nano meters??
Original post by SlippyDuck117
What do yo guys think the A grade boundary will be?

Probably like 67-70
For the potential divider did anyone work out total resistance in the parallel arrangements and find current by I=V/R ?
(edited 7 years ago)
fundamental was 256 pretty sure
Original post by Reda2
visible light has wavelength about 1 x 10^-7 m so I picked the closest to that one, since all of them were 10^-9 I picked the smallest out of them, but was it nano milometer rather than nano meters??

visible is in range of 450-700 x 10^-7 so it was d and e
I made a dumb mistake I forgot to put minus on the 10^-7 so my powers question is gone loool

personally think the paper was harder than last year ..feel like they just give some false sense of hope with the writing questions 😂😂
grade boundaries probably gonna be roughly like last year??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending