The Student Room Group

Hot invigilators

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elivercury
Depends what level we're talking about. Uni invigilators are typically paid PhD students and the like. At school it's just someone else teachers are forced into - they don't get anything extra from doing it. They'd much rather have the afternoon off (like anyone else).

I was always under the impression invigilators got paid?
Original post by TSR-Exam
I was always under the impression invigilators got paid?

I mean teachers do get paid (obviously), but they get no additional allowance or bonus for invigilation and would just as happily spend their time doing something else.

This is in Scotland mind, I can't claim this is the case everywhere.

You definitely get paid for exam marking as this does not fall within any normal teacher remit.
Original post by Kryptonian
Should they be banned for being such a distraction to students doing their important exams?

TBH 60% are old grannies and 40% we uh I Sydney's desperate God money at my school, and one is fit.
I mean teachers do get paid (obviously), but they get no additional allowance or bonus for invigilation and would just as happily spend their time doing something else.

This is in Scotland mind, I can't claim this is the case everywhere.

You definitely get paid for exam marking as this does not fall within any normal teacher remit.

I see. Well in England our invigilators aren't our teachers and I have actually seen job advertisements for invigilators lol.

Perhaps it's different there?
Original post by TSR-Exam
I see. Well in England our invigilators aren't our teachers and I have actually seen job advertisements for invigilators lol.

Perhaps it's different there?

Perhaps, although I was always invigilated by my teachers throughout all my exams when I studied in England. So I suspect it depends on the school/college.

If they are not school staff they will definitely be getting paid - they're not there for the good of their health.
Depends what level we're talking about. Uni invigilators are typically paid PhD students and the like. At school it's just someone else teachers are forced into - they don't get anything extra from doing it. They'd much rather have the afternoon off (like anyone else).

Huh, I guess it varies depending on the school. At mine they bring in external people
Original post by longshot100
XD, Not if they keep boring me to death with: "_ minutes gentleman, _ minutes". They never spice things up. Using the same phrase every. single. exam.

haha! lol
In year 9 we had a really hot invigilator but I didn't realise he was hot until the exam was over because I was too busy answering the questions :\ I saw him in the canteen a couple of times afterwards and he would always wear tight fitting shirts and jumpers :colondollar:
Unfortunately he did not return for the next exam season :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending