The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Will 140 be the highest it can be or is it going to be 140 ? Thanks. I just hope I get an A. I asked my friend and he said no. Why the **** can I not get a straight answer ?

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Yeah an A in definitely not going to be above 135. The highest it's been these last few years is 133

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for that
i appreciate it
i feel stupid because i made the dumbest mistakes
i cry
Can someone please tell me what 97/200 would be?
Original post by erodedsoul
That should definitely be an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure about that, I was looking at some past paper grade boundaries and the majority seem to be around 165 for an A*.

If I get unlucky and get 158 it could very well only be an A.
I think I've got 177-180 overall will this be a a star ?
Where does everyone think the A* boundary will be ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by epage
For the trial and improvement one my few ids were saying they got 3.7 but I got 3.8 and I was 100% sure that was right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you did 3.75 the answer was too low, so you round it up because the solution must be closer to the 3.8.
Original post by ggidl002
I think I've got 177-180 overall will this be a a star ?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wordnerd2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably 168 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pst123689
Can someone please tell me what 97/200 would be?

rougly a B
Original post by IAmGorillaz
thanks for that
i appreciate it
i feel stupid because i made the dumbest mistakes
i cry

I feel you, i messed up on a couple silly things myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around imo 166
Original post by erodedsoul
Yeah an A in definitely not going to be above 135. The highest it's been these last few years is 133

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much. I love you ( if you're right ) I've worked my balls off and I'm really hoping for an A.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
For Q2, the probability Q, if I left it as 9/20 would I be penalised?
Original post by Purpleunicorn197
Hi I'm going to start and unofficial markscheme so add your answers
Reps are not necessary but would be appreciated :smile:

7. Trial and error. x^3-5x=34 with a number between 3 and 4

X3-5x=34.
Assuming X=3.7 would give an answer of 32.153, its difference from 34 being 1.847. However, assuming X=3.8 would yield an answer of 35.872, its difference from 34 being 1.872. Since the difference between 34 and the value of X as being 3.7 is smaller than the value at 3.8, X=3.7.
Hope this helps.
Original post by pelaitsc45
I'm not sure about that, I was looking at some past paper grade boundaries and the majority seem to be around 165 for an A*.

If I get unlucky and get 158 it could very well only be an A.

Are you sure? I know the A boundary is usually between 125-135 and thought A* was usually between 155-165

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are my friends saying that the grade boundary for an A will be in the 150-60 region ? This is pissing me off. Tsr is giving hope to live and my friends are making me suicidal.

Everyone freaking out about trial and improvement and the last question, and I'm just like I got 20 packets of crisps.
the video doesn't include question 1 ? Could someone tell me the marks for it please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending