The Student Room Group

English literature AS CCEA great gatsby and poetry

Any predictions for gatsby or Edward Thomas and Robert frost?
Original post by coconut98

Pioneers for Gatsby
Craft of poetry for Frost and Thomas??
Original post by chloe_2016
Pioneers for Gatsby
Craft of poetry for Frost and Thomas??

When you say the craft of poetry do you mean like comparing how birches represents poetry to how aspens does?Wasn't a theme I ever thought would even exist, never mind come up. Did you teacher suggest it?
My answer for any possible gatsby question will just be - 'it was all daisy's fault...' 100% effective
Original post by fleurdewicca
When you say the craft of poetry do you mean like comparing how birches represents poetry to how aspens does?Wasn't a theme I ever thought would even exist, never mind come up. Did you teacher suggest it?

Yes my teacher suggested it, like how the poem represents the writers craft, self doubt within their own work
Possible questions for Gatsby that my teacher and others have suggested are:
Gatsby as pioneer(frontiersman)
Women
Nick as the 'reliable narrator'
Materialism, including how houses represent the people who live in them
Reply 6
Our teacher has suggested how Thomas and Frost write about place or people and also women, frontiers and social criticism for Gatsby. Hope that's useful!
Reply 7
Sorry can someone please explain the concept for frontiers and pioneers to me in the context of gatsby and isn't it multiple choice?
Anyone have any predictions for Duffy and Lochhead?
I think frontiers is basically the self-made man and yes you get a choice of 2 questions
Original post by coconut98

My teach thinks contemplation, place of the creative process. She's suggested memory also and a really obscure one: "Interrupted Journey"
Anyone got some high-scoring essays on Gatsby?
Does anyone have any predictions for Yeats and Kavanagh for poetry?
Original post by wangdinger69
Anyone got some high-scoring essays on Gatsby?

I've had scores around the 46's and teacher comments on the end on what needs to be added
Original post by ConorSadce
My teach thinks contemplation, place of the creative process. She's suggested memory also and a really obscure one: "Interrupted Journey"

Would interrupted journey simply be chance encounter???
I've had scores around the 46's and teacher comments on the end on what needs to be added

Could I see them please? Feeling a bit lost at the minute

Posted from TSR Mobile
many are hoping that women come up because they were predicting it last year but last year it was modern reader. Some think it may be frontiersman because it hasn't came up in a while and some are dreading that its about gatsby being a glamorous gangster.
Would interrupted journey simply be chance encounter???

Sort of. It's like Adlestrop because the train isn't supposed to stop and Stopping By Woods because the beauty of the forest interrupts his journey. I suppose you could use chance encounters like The Chalk Pit, but I wouldn't say something like The New Year, because he isn't really interrupted.
Any more context for Gatsby and gangsters apart from prohibition, gangsters like Al Capone etc distorting the American Dream and a glamorised above-the-law lifestyle?
what poems did you pick for frost and Thomas yday??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending