The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE Higher Paper Boundaries?

Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, I got 30-32 marks on paper 1 and 36-39 marks on paper 2.

What are the chances I got a C? I know it'll be a scrape if I do manage it.
Reply 1
Well if you did the worst you could it would be 30+36, so 66 marks which is borderline D/C, depends on how the grade boundaries shift. Or if you did the best you could do its 32+39, so 71 marks which you can be sure is 99% a C.
I guarantee you that the grade boundaries will move up, this years tests were way easier than lasts years
Higher tier C is usually around 65-70, so even the lower bound :teehee: should get you a C.
Reply 3
Original post by Fractite
Higher tier C is usually around 65-70, so even the lower bound :teehee: should get you a C.

I like that lower/upper bound maths talk, that came up in the exam today right, cant really remember
Original post by apnunuke
I like that lower/upper bound maths talk, that came up in the exam today right, cant really remember

Yeah question 21 I think, the one that went I=5(v-u).
how many marks for a b on both papers
Does anyone have an idea of grade boundaries
Reply 7
Original post by ismaeel_akram
Does anyone have an idea of grade boundaries

70 marks in total is a grade C. If you got above 70 marks - you defo passed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Well if you did the worst you could it would be 30+36, so 66 marks which is borderline D/C, depends on how the grade boundaries shift. Or if you did the best you could do its 32+39, so 71 marks which you can be sure is 99% a C.
I guarantee you that the grade boundaries will move up, this years tests were way easier than lasts years

70 marks will get you a C.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
How many marks would I need combined from both papers to get a b over all???
How many marks is an A
yeah how many marks overall for a B. i recon i got 114/200 estimate.
Reply 12
Original post by tomdoughty99
yeah how many marks overall for a B. i recon i got 114/200 estimate.

That's for sure a grade B then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To get a b grade you would need 95+ so 50 marks in one paper and 50 in another and you are guaranteed a B grade.
My predictions:

A* = 158 - 162
A = 125 - 128
B = 98 - 101
C = 68 - 72
Reply 15
Original post by Jagraj16
My predictions:

A* = 158 - 162
A = 125 - 128
B = 98 - 101
C = 68 - 72

158-162 For an A*? You're having a kip mate. Last years was way harder and it had like 158. This year for an A* it would probably be around 165, thats what it usually is, and this year was really easy so it may be higher
158-162 For an A*? You're having a kip mate. Last years was way harder and it had like 158. This year for an A* it would probably be around 165, thats what it usually is, and this year was really easy so it may be higher

Some people found this year's paper hard, many did in my school. It's not like they're actually going to be the grade boundaries, I was just making a prediction based on how I did and other people in my school. Yes I get what you mean though, I found the 2 papers relatively easy and there wasn't much difficulty. Personally, from unofficial mark schemes, I have got 92 from non calc and 97 from the calc so either way I'll be sorted for an A*!
Original post by Jagraj16
Some people found this year's paper hard, many did in my school. It's not like they're actually going to be the grade boundaries, I was just making a prediction based on how I did and other people in my school. Yes I get what you mean though, I found the 2 papers relatively easy and there wasn't much difficulty. Personally, from unofficial mark schemes, I have got 92 from non calc and 97 from the calc so either way I'll be sorted for an A*!

Can i ask you a question, you know on the non calc paper question 3a, would it count if i put that 'often' was repeated two times in question and answer boxes and that there was no (weekly, monthly) in the question?

Quick Reply

Latest