The Student Room Group

How do i stop this intense crush?

So I started this apprentice training at some place and there's this girl that works in the office and she is relly good looking she helped me with some work and that (not why I like her) and the way she acts/ speaks just strikes everywhere within me.

I feel this really weird crush going over myself like I can't picture myself without her and that and I don't want to turn into a creep, how do I stop it?

Important Edit: She works in the receptionist office, It'll be really inappropriate to just walk in there only to chat her up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

just stop thinking about her....occupy your mind elsewhere
Original post by Hubba_Hubba
So I started this apprentice training at some place and there's this girl that works in the office and she is relly good looking she helped me with some work and that (not why I like her) and the way she acts/ speaks just strikes everywhere within me.

I feel this really weird crush going over myself like I can't picture myself without her and that and I don't want to turn into a creep, how do I stop it?

I feel its lust and not a crush
Ask her out? :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by eternalhinch
just stop thinking about her....occupy your mind elsewhere

tis' hard

Original post by PrincessBO$$
I feel its lust and not a crush
Ask her out? :confused:

It is a crush, she works in a receptionist office for an apprentice company, I'm a trainee, I can't walk in randomly and ask her out.

Imagine her on the toilet doing a smelly poo
tis' hard

you'll forget it then realise it meant nothing
Reply 6
When you picture yourself with her, assuming you don't want anything to happen, imagine everything ending badly. This normally puts me off.
Reply 7
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

wtf, looooooool.
Well then, I think the best remedy would be to find out if she liked you back.

Because obsessing over a person is not healthy and can turn depressive.

If she does then you should pursue her, if not. Then leave it, you will get over her eventually.
Reply 9
Original post by eternalhinch
you'll forget it then realise it meant nothing

I'm not sure.
Original post by Elizzey
When you picture yourself with her, assuming you don't want anything to happen, imagine everything ending badly. This normally puts me off.

Ah, the old pessimist method.
Reply 11
It'd probably just be better to talk to her, get to know her a little, become friends and all that but if you really want to cut all emotions off I'd say the best way would be to find someone else. Meet lots of new people and find someone you'd be comfortable advancing with, you'll forget about your current crush in no time.

Fap, then think again
wtf, looooooool.

It's what I used to do before I learned how to play it cool...

another option you got is to think about and talk to other girls you like, this will put some of the load off her in your mind because at the minute, I'm guessing she makes up 100% of the girls you think about, whereas if you start talking to another 4 girls then the weight will drop to 20% and she will no longer be manifested in your mind.
Original post by Eltener
It'd probably just be better to talk to her, get to know her a little, become friends and all that but if you really want to cut all emotions off I'd say the best way would be to find someone else. Meet lots of new people and find someone you'd be comfortable advancing with, you'll forget about your current crush in no time.

Could you read my edit in the original post? Also this is how I forgot about my old crush down my church.

Original post by Big white
Fap, then think again

Done it. I still like her, she's so nice, I just can't see her in a sexual way.

It's what I used to do before I learned how to play it cool...

another option you got is to think about and talk to other girls you like, this will put some of the load off her in your mind because at the minute, I'm guessing she makes up 100% of the girls you think about, whereas if you start talking to another 4 girls then the weight will drop to 20% and she will no longer be manifested in your mind.

That is quite true.

:rofl:LMAO :rofl3:
Reply 16
Add every single person at work on Facebook (including her) so it looks perfectly innocent then start a conversation there. Be like "Hey, thanks for helping me [insert whatever, idk, its your life] earlier" then see where the conversation goes. Maybe you'll hit it off and everything'll be just peachy or maybe you'll hate her personality and never see her that way ever again; either way's fine.

Done it. I still like her, she's so nice, I just can't see her in a sexual way.

She must be a keeper then :tongue:
I guess preoccupy yourself with other things,
or maybe try and reason with yourself that crushing on her won't benefit you in any way whatsoever
Original post by Big white
She must be a keeper then :tongue:
I guess preoccupy yourself with other things,
or maybe try and reason with yourself that crushing on her won't benefit you in any way whatsoever

I have an apprentice training 3 days a week, I don't really have anything to do the next 3 days until church.
I have an apprentice training 3 days a week, I don't really have anything to do the next 3 days until church.

oh... Maybe try and fap it all out if you really want her to go away that bad xD

Quick Reply