The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here applying to study in US, and have only studies A-levels and STEP (e.g. no SAT's etc). Got an offer from Cambridge but thinking of declining it :smile:
Original post by Number Nine
why did everyone ignore me @Zacken @EricPiphany @Insight314 @EnglishMuon @physicsmaths @-Gifted- kill myself

im srry. I was interested in ur ssge roll but was jelly cus I have nthing to eat but water. frgive pls.
Original post by EnglishMuon
Exactly the same with me! Im sure the trouble is caused because the q says "h(x) is such that it is continuous" yet I really cant see how it can be continuous and pass through (0,pi) at the same time.

i see, how was the paper iyo?

Spoiler

Original post by Duke Glacia
i see, how was the paper iyo?

Spoiler

yea I thought it was quite nice. Apart from the unexpected mark loss on q5 from not justifying things properly it all went as expected. I should hopefully have 100+ if I havent made any more dumb mistakes :smile:
With regards to Q4 II 2015 graph sketch:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImTooSmart
Anyone here applying to study in US, and have only studies A-levels and STEP (e.g. no SAT's etc). Got an offer from Cambridge but thinking of declining it :smile:

Why dyu want to decline it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you cannot apply to the US without SAT....? Where are you thinking of aplpying?
STEP III 2013 Q2

Spoiler

Original post by 16Characters....
STEP III 2013 Q2

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by IrrationalRoot

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Number Nine
why did everyone ignore me @Zacken @EricPiphany @Insight314 @EnglishMuon @physicsmaths @-Gifted- kill myself

Soz m9, I will never ignore you, I haven't frequented this thread for some time now.
I just had a go at STEP I 2015 myself.

Spoiler

I never did SATs either, not even sure what they are lol.
Original post by EnglishMuon
Can anyone help with a question about Q5 II 2015?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by physicsmaths
Why dyu want to decline it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't done any STEP Prep this week and I/II are next week, mainly due to the fact that I had so many exams this week. Is this bad? Although I am currently confident in getting high 1/S, I am not sure if it affects me negatively not doing STEP work for a week. I am definitely doing I/II this weekend and I am also going to do quite a bit of STEP questions the day before the exam so that would be all right.

How is STEP prep going for you and the other lads in here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 695

Spoiler

BTW, you don't need a login for integral maths to view STEP solutions.

http://www.mei.org.uk/step-aea-solutions

See that, you can login via guest access.
Original post by Zacken
BTW, you don't need a login for integral maths to view STEP solutions.

http://www.mei.org.uk/step-aea-solutions

See that, you can login via guest access.

Quoted the wrong person, I have a login anyway but thanks for the heads up :-)

Tagging @IrrationalRoot
Original post by Insight314
I haven't done any STEP Prep this week and I/II are next week, mainly due to the fact that I had so many exams this week. Is this bad? Although I am currently confident in getting high 1/S, I am not sure if it affects me negatively not doing STEP work for a week. I am definitely doing I/II this weekend and I am also going to do quite a bit of STEP questions the day before the exam so that would be all right.

How is STEP prep going for you and the other lads in here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah itl be fine :smile: Just do a couple new qs in the meantime and maybe an old paper or something a couple days before just to remind urself of the exam technique, as u know what u need by now.
Reply 698
Quoted the wrong person, I have a login anyway but thanks for the heads up :-)

Tagging @IrrationalRoot

Ah crap, sorry! Thanks for tagging IR.
Original post by Zacken
Ah crap, sorry! Thanks for tagging IR.

Never knew this :frown:. Thanks for the info, but I should've known before...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending