The Student Room Group

UK Grading Conversion

I am a Canadian student looking to apply to the undergraduate dentistry program at University of Birmingham. I was just wondering how are grade 12 grades converted to UK grades. Please let me know if you have any idea how grades are converted and what would be a competitive grade. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by gurkarand
I am a Canadian student looking to apply to the undergraduate dentistry program at University of Birmingham. I was just wondering how are grade 12 grades converted to UK grades. Please let me know if you have any idea how grades are converted and what would be a competitive grade. Thanks.

Have you checked what Birmingham says?

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/International/students/country/Canada/index.aspx
The University will consider students who have achieved good grades in their High School Graduation Diploma with at least 5 university-preparatory level (Grade 12) courses. For many of our programmes of study, students will need at least a B average, and possibly higher. Qualification GuidanceUnless otherwise stated qualification guidance is as follows:Ontario System

A level requirements of AAA = 85% overall in 6 x grade 12 U or U/C courses. Where an A level subject is required, the course must be at U or U/C level.

A level requirements of AAB = 80% overall in 6 x grade 12 U or U/C courses. Where an A level subject is required, the course must be at U or U/C level.

A level requirements of ABB = 75% overall in 6 x grade 12 U or U/C courses. Where an A level subject is required, the course must be at U or U/C level.

For Maths and English GCSE equivalency the student must offer Maths and English at grade 11 minimum. (For UG programmes that require GCSE grade A equivalence, suggest 80% minimum). Other Canadian ProvincesBritish Colombia - Grade 12 Senior Secondary Diploma with an average of at least 80% (ABB), 85% (AAB) and 90% (AAA) in 5 grade 12 subjects or Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma if awarded with at least five Bs (BBBBB) or above in acceptable grade 12 courses.

Manitoba - High School Graduation Diploma with an overall average of 75% (ABB), 80% (AAB) and 85% (AAA), including 5 credits awarded at the 300 level in at least 4 subject areas, and at least 65% in each subject.

Alberta, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northern W. T., Nova Scotia, P. Edward Island, Saskatchewan - General High School Diploma with an overall average of 75% (ABB), 80% (AAB) and 85% (AAA) in 5 subjects at Grade 12.

Nunavut - General High School Diploma with an overall average of 75% (ABB), 80% (AAB) and 85% (AAA) across five subjects at grade 12.

Qubec - Diplôme d'Etudes Collègiales (DEC) with an overall average of 75% (ABB), 80% (AAB) and 85% (AAA).

Yukon - Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma with an overall average of at least 85% in 5 grade 12 subjects (including provincial examinations where applicable).

Entry to LLB for Graduates
a GPA of 2.8-3.0 and above depending on the University will be considered for entry on to the LLB for Graduates.If you are an applicant currently studying within the Canada we can accept an application from you through the Common Application.
I have tried to contact them but have not received a reply back yet but thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by gurkarand
I have tried to contact them but have not received a reply back yet but thank you!

No I meant, have you checked the info on their website, as per my link. It seems pretty clear (if you understand the Canadian system, which I don't... :smile: ).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending