The Student Room Group

2016 biology b2 edexcel predictions?

the title is quite self explanatory but what do you think will come up tomorrow for the B2 paper, im pretty sure that two of the topics will be water transport in plants and the circulatory system (as those come up every year). what do you think?
Hi, i'm so nervous for tomorrow! Mitosis and Meiosis always occur each year. I'd suggest using the site; getrevising.com
Other than that, I'm curious to know predictions too!

This should answer your dying question;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFhkeLhKASc

(Good luck!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi, there was nothing on digestion in the 2015 paper so that will probably come up in either a 4 mark or 6 mark question I think :smile: good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 3
Original post by grace143
Hi, there was nothing on digestion in the 2015 paper so that will probably come up in either a 4 mark or 6 mark question I think :smile: good luck for tomorrow!

thank you for your ideas, good luck to you toooo :wink:
Reply 4
Predictions for tomorrow:

Exercise ALWAYS comes up - so my guess is it will appear again this year. Might not though!

Heart and circulatory system?

PLANTS. They always come up. The Biology teachers in our school went through every past paper for Edexcel Biology ever and there's always more questions on plants than anything else in the paper.

Enzymes had no inclusion in last year's exam - could well be a six marker...
Digestive system didn't come up either, so that's almost 100% guaranteed.

Cells I also reckon will appear.

So, my six predictions for main topics and possible sub-topic questions:

1. Cells, stem cells and cloning
2. Osmosis and active transport
3. Mitosis and Meiosis
4. Exercise and the circulatory system
5. Digestive system and heart (never been a six marker on The Heart?)
6. Enzymes and enzyme action.
Reply 5
is this igcse or gcse
Reply 6
Protein synthesis is normally involved one way or another :smile:

They usually ask about all the enzymes in the digestive system which is usually one of the 6 markers
Reply 8
Original post by Jasmine_abbi
They usually ask about all the enzymes in the digestive system which is usually one of the 6 markers

It's only been a 6 marker once (2013) -- they don't repeat 6 mark questions. But there could well be something on that yeah!
It's only been a 6 marker once (2013) -- they don't repeat 6 mark questions. But there could well be something on that yeah!

They actually do sometimes recycle the 6 markers. For example, last year there was a 6 marker on the stages of cloning, with the same question asked as one of the 6 markers on the June 2012 paper. Although, it is very rare that it does happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teachers predicted that The heart linked to exercise, cell division, plant transport or enzymes may come up as 6 markers. Hope this helps people :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending