The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Unofficial markscheme anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CBPAS
Did anyone else find todays paper hard to complete in the time limit?

Completely agree ! I ended up missing about 2 pages. And some of the questions I did do, I'm pretty sure are wrong because I had to rush.
Predictions for grade boundaries?
Original post by Splaffie
i got 3.8 and so i answered 4

I put four as well but idk how i got it
Original post by Chickenslayer69
Oh... ****.

Its fine bro , i f***ed up this paper. Just hoping an A is like 50 or something for both papers. I messed up on the question on about moments , and its supposed to be really easy as well :/
Original post by BethFM
Predictions for grade boundaries?

13 for an A
6 for a B
anything less than 6 your pretty much going to have to submit your C.V to various catering institutions.
For example, MacDonalds
What did people put for the last part on the question on about seismometers?? about it moving "downwards quickly". I didn't even understand that :/
Reply 467
Original post by BethFM
It was 2.7,
people got 1.7 because they took zero to be the start of the metal scale, when you had to actually calculate from the zero line on the scale (ie like measuring with a ruler and aligning the end of the ruler with the thing you are measuring as opposed to aligning it at the 0 division)
I got that first then realised it was wrong

Wouldn't you have to put 3mm because you can't give the answer to a higher degree of accuracy than the error in the reading?
some guy in my school started writing about the photoelectric effect in the multiple choice question?
he was high tho'
Original post by CBPAS

Yes I didnt answer 15 marks worth in questions.
Original post by Chickenslayer69
You use suvat to find the maximum height reached, with v = 0 since this will give the maximum height of the ball.

s = ? u = ? v = 0 a = -1.6ms^2 t = 4

Using s = vt - 1/2at^2, you should get that s = about 13m, and the closest approximation to this was 15m.

4 seconds to complete the whole movement, but only 2 seconds to maximum height, hence making s=1/at^2 = sqrt(2*2*1.6) = 2.5m
Original post by CBPAS

oh yeah, when they said time was up i hadn't completed around 2/3's of the multiplee choice, their goes my chance of a good physics grade!
Original post by stevenp99
Their was a question with a graph of G against temperature and you had to work out alpha, what did you get and how?

using y=mx+c or y-y1=m(x-x1) you get like 10.56 or something, but on the graph it was obvsiouly 2.2... however, the x axis was broken hence meaning 10.56 was correct. stick with your maths. i didnt, rip me.

(take 2 points, i used like (280,-0.4) and (220,1.9) and use basic slope geometry to figure it out)
Original post by CBPAS
Wouldn't you have to put 3mm because you can't give the answer to a higher degree of accuracy than the error in the reading?

No the precision of a vernier is 1/10th of a mm that is the whole point of using one so you can measure to better accuracy than 1mm
Original post by GitFace93
using y=mx+c or y-y1=m(x-x1) you get like 10.56 or something, but on the graph it was obvsiouly 2.2... however, the x axis was broken hence meaning 10.56 was correct. stick with your maths. i didnt, rip me.

(take 2 points, i used like (280,-0.4) and (220,1.9) and use basic slope geometry to figure it out)

I got just under 2.2, is that right or nah? cause i got alpha as the y intercept
Reply 475
Original post by BethFM
No the precision of a vernier is 1/10th of a mm that is the whole point of using one so you can measure to better accuracy than 1mm

There goes another mark
Original post by stevenp99
I got just under 2.2, is that right or nah? cause i got alpha as the y intercept

i put it as 2.2 like you, but I'm afraid to say it isn't. around 10.6 is the correct answer
aqa are so cancer for putting in a V-I characteristic not a I-V... multiple choice at the end-ish? anyone say it acted like a thermistor so answer was C?
Anyone got any predictions for the grade boundaries?
Hoping this pulls up my effort from the first exam.
Reply 479
Original post by GitFace93
aqa are so cancer for putting in a V-I characteristic not a I-V... multiple choice at the end-ish? anyone say it acted like a thermistor so answer was C?

I just put A down

Quick Reply

Latest