The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LilyKitty
I don't think so because the angle has to be between the two sides (7 &8) for the formula of triangle area to work and x was another angle so you had to do cosine to find another side and then sine rule too before you could get x. Not sure though. xx

Yep, everytning you wrote is right, but before you used cosine and sine rules you should have rearranged the formula for the area of a triangle to get sinC, and then you use cosine and sine rules. My answer for the angle was 3.11
(edited 7 years ago)
Couldn't you have 2:1.5 for 8a)? It's just 4:3 divided by 2, so surely that would be its simplest form?
the answer was 80.4
Reply 1843
This was wrong because you have found the wrong angle. In order to find the one you were looking for you would then have to use the cosine rule and the sine rule...
Original post by zeldor711
I got 80.1? You're probably right. Did you get the other angle as 40 and side as 5.22?

I got the same answers as you
yoo does anyone have any predictions for grade boundaries? I got between 161 and 166
I noticed I can do the Pythagoras theorem then do TOA to get angle x I don't remember the numbers but you did Tan to power of - 1 brackets 5/something and you get 80.1
Original post by tialuan
I got 80.1!!!

I got 80.4 and it is that many unofficial mark shcems say that, so i think you lose one mark for that question
did anyone get 40 on the last question and for trial+improvement x=3.7?
So confused as everyone as different answers
I got 18.9cm for the perimeter of the circle segment and I am pretty sure that was right. How was it that it was 28.9cm? If anyone knows the angle that was in the segment then I can try and work it out again - or alternatively if someone could explain. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1850
Original post by Meepo101
Couldn't you have 2:1.5 for 8a)? It's just 4:3 divided by 2, so surely that would be its simplest form?

not really mate, fractions just complicates it (therefore less less simple). If you were to do it that way you'd have been more clarified with 1:0.75
Original post by failureofaperson
I'd say 168-170/200

what do you think the grade boundaries for an A will be?
Couldn't you have 2:1.5 for 8a)? It's 4:3 divided by 2, so technically that is its simplest form, and I'm pretty sure you can have decimal points in ratios
Original post by alishba-rosex
did anyone get 40 on the last question and for trial+improvement x=3.7?
So confused as everyone as different answers

I also got x=3.7 and I'm almost certain it's right :smile:
hey guys x predicted boundaries for this year?! any ideas :smile:
Original post by Maniac.Droid
I got around 160/200 overall - what grade do you think this is?

I'm thinking its a high A or low A* depending on grade boundaries.

You'd be hard pushed for getting an A*, but hey, you never know
I'm hoping an A is about 130/200 I REALLY NEED AN A!!!
Original post by ca.hardy

That's good and I hope we're both correct:smile:
Original post by ca.hardy

What was the number it was equal to?
Original post by B3ASTy
I'm hoping an A is about 130/200 I REALLY NEED AN A!!!

SAME:cry::console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending