Edexcel Physics Unit 2 6PH02 *RESIT* 2016

Hi, how did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was a hard paper, but I thought I did ok
Reply 2
Original post by Siegeface
I thought it was a hard paper, but I thought I did ok

Yea it was pretty tricky compared to other years. Just curious, what did you get for your angle of refraction? I got 47.1 (or something like that) degrees but a few keep saying 22.1 or something which for me seems impossible cause the light ray was travelling from a denser to less dense medium
Reply 3
I'd say it was quite a tricky paper. At a guess, I dropped 25-30 marks. I didn't like the EMF questions and I didn't like speed of sound graph questions. For my angle of refraction, I think I got around 20 degrees but I am not confident in that answer.
Reply 4
Original post by extreamedice
Yea it was pretty tricky compared to other years. Just curious, what did you get for your angle of refraction? I got 47.1 (or something like that) degrees but a few keep saying 22.1 or something which for me seems impossible cause the light ray was travelling from a denser to less dense medium

the angle of refraction i got 35 something (or something around that) but got incidence as like 27 degrees, other than that question and the speed in co2 which i read the graph wrong for i think ive done fairly well, but it was a difficult paper for sure. Oh and that Emf question i got a ridiculously high value for r.
Reply 5
Original post by Angus09
the angle of refraction i got 35 something (or something around that) but got incidence as like 27 degrees, other than that question and the speed in co2 which i read the graph wrong for i think ive done fairly well, but it was a difficult paper for sure. Oh and that Emf question i got a ridiculously high value for r.

I got around 200 ohms, yourself?
I got around 200 ohms, yourself?

I didn't get that- i got something like 9999 or whatever- it has lots of 9's.
I used v=E-ir

Ah man, I completely cocked up on that question. Idk why, but the angle in air i got 37 degrees or something- but I thought it would definitely be wrong due to the fact that the angle should surely be smaller?

I later on found out that according to my friend i multiplied in the formula rather than dividing- which sucked :frown:
I got around something *10^5 ohms. I pretty sure it is correct, and efficiency, did anyone get 11%?
Original post by qq1102141262
i got around something *10^5 ohms. I pretty sure it is correct, and efficiency, did anyone get 11%?

ding ding ding
Reply 10
Original post by thecalmmorning
I didn't get that- i got something like 9999 or whatever- it has lots of 9's.
I used v=E-ir

i got 99744ohms because i did : (400x10^-3 - 18x10^-3)/3.83x10^-6
and 3.83x10^-6 was the current but this answer is very high so i wouldnt be surprised if i made a mistake somewhere
Original post by Angus09
i got 99744ohms because i did : (400x10^-3 - 18x10^-3)/3.83x10^-6
and 3.83x10^-6 was the current but this answer is very high so i wouldnt be surprised if i made a mistake somewhere

Yup that's the one!! I got that :biggrin:
Reply 12
Ah man, I completely cocked up on that question. Idk why, but the angle in air i got 37 degrees or something- but I thought it would definitely be wrong due to the fact that the angle should surely be smaller?

I later on found out that according to my friend i multiplied in the formula rather than dividing- which sucked :frown:

I got 37degrees also and no it shouldve been bigger because going from more dense to less dense i hope 37 is right noone else seems to have it but i dont seem how i got it wrong, shouldve been an easy question
Original post by Angus09
I got 37degrees also and no it shouldve been bigger because going from more dense to less dense i hope 37 is right noone else seems to have it but i dont seem how i got it wrong, shouldve been an easy question

No way really?! That makes me feel a lot better :smile: All my friends got different answers too
Reply 14
No way really?! That makes me feel a lot better :smile: All my friends got different answers too

thats fine thinking about it now i got 35.7 but that could easily come from slight differences in reading protractor which they allow
Original post by Angus09
thats fine thinking about it now i got 35.7 but that could easily come from slight differences in reading protractor which they allow

wait did you measure it as that or calculate it as that?
Reply 16
wait did you measure it as that or calculate it as that?

oh god i hope i didnt read the question wrong, i measured angle of incidence as about 26 degrees then calculated the angle of r as 36
Original post by Angus09
oh god i hope i didnt read the question wrong, i measured angle of incidence as about 26 degrees then calculated the angle of r as 36

OH THANK GOD i did the same but my friends calculated the 26 and measured the 36
Original post by qq1102141262
I got around something *10^5 ohms. I pretty sure it is correct, and efficiency, did anyone get 11%?

Yeap, efficiency 11.2%
Reply 19
I thought it was a good all round paper. there was nothing on diffraction gratings thank god

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending