The Student Room Group

Stanford rapist serving only 3 months

The stanford rapist is actually only serving three months of his six month sentence for the rape he committed. According to Brock Turners inmate details which are available to the public, he will be released on September the 2nd of this year.

https://mic.com/articles/145796/brock-turner-will-only-serve-3-months-of-his-6-month-sentence-for-sexual-assault#.ct2ZC2sXl
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He should be sentenced for longer - like 10 years.

His dad should be ashamed of his son. I bet on 100% his dad paid the judge to give him a light sentence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
That's pretty bad.

And his dad should be given a light sentence for just being such a tool.
disgusting, he should have been sentenced for way longer than that.
Original post by Ordo
He should be sentenced to death

True. But I was reading that he hasn't shown any remorse or shame for what he's done. There's no point giving him a longer sentence if he doesn't actually admit he's done anything wrong. If he doesn't admit, he can't reform. (although I 1000% believe his sentence was far too lenient. even six months was far too little but 3 months?! people who shoplift get more than 3 months probably.
It completely baffles me that parents of rapists SUPPORT their children. If my child turned out to be a rapist, I'd most definitely not stand by them and support them. It's obvious that the parents of Turner never talked to him about rape, but even if they didn't he still should have known that it's a horrible crime to commit and effects the victim in one of the worst ways possible, both physically and emotionally. :angry:
Original post by melisss22
disgusting, he should have been sentenced for way longer than that.

But that would have a "severe impact on him" !!!!!!!!!!!! Not like the victim has had to endure that already !!!!!!!!!!! :angry: God I hate our society sometimes, standing by the offender instead of the victim.
Original post by george_c00per
It completely baffles me that parents of rapists SUPPORT their children. If my child turned out to be a rapist, I'd most definitely not stand by them and support them. It's obvious that the parents of Turner never talked to him about rape, but even if they didn't he still should have known that it's a horrible crime to commit and effects the victim in one of the worst ways possible, both physically and emotionally. :angry:

Exactly! it shows where Turner got it from I guess. I would most likely disown my children.
Original post by george_c00per
But that would have a "severe impact on him" !!!!!!!!!!!! Not like the victim has had to endure that already !!!!!!!!!!! :angry: God I hate our society sometimes, standing by the offender instead of the victim.

his parents probably paid A LOT of money to change the judges mind. 6 months for a rapist is nothing, they wont learn from their mistakes. especially if your sentence was lowered down to 3 months :angry:
Absolute joke...
I hope he gets beat the **** out of every single day during his few months in prison.
[QUOTE=epage;65616225]True. But I was reading that he hasn't shown any remorse or shame for what he's done. There's no point giving him a longer sentence if he doesn't actually admit he's done anything wrong. If he doesn't admit, he can't reform. (although I 1000% believe his sentence was far too lenient. even six months was far too little but 3 months?! people who shoplift get more than 3 months probably.

Yeah but that creates a paradox called innocent man's burden where genuinely innocent people are refused parole repeatedly because they will not admit guilt and show remorse. People have served decades extra than the Judge intended because of it.

Not saying he ain't guilty or a scumbag because he obviously is but I think demanding prisoners show remorse or punishing them further is a dangerous route for our judicial system to take (which it already has).
This is so terrible :frown: ffs what's wrong with this world?
Original post by Daniel9998
Absolute joke...
I hope he gets beat the **** out of every single day during his few months in prison.

Apparently thats why he's got such a short sentence: 'Turner was eligible to receive these protections by virtue of him serving time for sexual assault and "those type of inmates are often targeted." '
Original post by Ordo
He should be sentenced to death

and for every rapists, murderers, pedophiles too

What about people who are actually innocent but get jail time? These people could be killed for something they didn't do.
Also do you think people who are found guilty of false rape accusations should also be sentenced to death?
Original post by Leeds98
Yeah but that creates a paradox called innocent man's burden where genuinely innocent people are refused parole repeatedly because they will not admit guilt and show remorse. People have served decades extra than the Judge intended because of it.

Not saying he ain't guilty or a scumbag because he obviously is but I think demanding prisoners show remorse or punishing them further is a dangerous route for our judicial system to take (which it already has).

Like the steven avery case I guess
Reply 15
Original post by Ano9901whichone
What about people who are actually innocent but get jail time? These people could be killed for something they didn't do.
Also do you think people who are found guilty of false rape accusations should also be sentenced to death?

With enough hard evidence, witnesses and lie detector should able to help to distinguish the truth and lie.
Original post by Ordo
With enough hard evidence, witnesses and lie detector should able to help to distinguish the truth and lie.

What about people who make false accusations? Should they be executed?
Also lie detectors are not 100%
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by melisss22
his parents probably paid A LOT of money to change the judges mind. 6 months for a rapist is nothing, they wont learn from their mistakes. especially if your sentence was lowered down to 3 months :angry:

I can't believe that it's allowed in our society to be able to hire better lawyers if you're richer, it just means that richer people have a higher chance of getting released with no charge compared to poorer people who might not get a good lawyer (even if they're completely innocent) as the lawyers wouldn't be able to do as "good enough a job" to provide sufficient evidence if you don't have as much money. Wouldn't it just be more fair if the judicial system hired all equally experienced lawyers and supplied the person in review with one themselves?? This is only food for thought, though. There might be loopholes which I haven't encountered which prevents this from occurring.
lol if he was muslim they would have given him 10 years
Reply 19
Original post by Ano9901whichone
What about people who make false accusations? Should they be executed?

Very difficult to say this -

I think they need some form of punishment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending