The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 2 WPH02 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wenogk
Oh sorry not this question I meant the angle of polarization question..

2 marks
Original post by faseeh1999
Anyone here from PAK...
and where are you guys are giving exams from?

I am giving from KSA Jeddah :smile:

I'm from pak and I live in buraidah ksa and givin exams from here
Reply 122
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
2 marks

Oh.. I wrote 180 degrees as the answer - do you think that would give me a mark?
Original post by Bloom <3
This paper had an alt. name "stress"
It better be lower then 49
What do u think?

I'd say 50-51.. but you could be right because in 2014, grade boundary was 48 for an A
Original post by AlonsoAMG
Did anyone get 8000Hz for one of them????

Edexcel, thank you for eradicating any dreams of going to uni I had left after core 1.

Damn yeah I got 8333HZ apparantly I took the small division (which is wrong) so yeah we are on the same boat and it has a hole xD
As the car passes X the freq decreases because the wavefronts move away from each other and wavelength increases

But in actual sense if you think about it, as the car passes the point X where the observer was, frequency is meant to be increasing apparently due to compression of the wavefronts thus reduced wavelength... at first frequency was virtually zero since gradient was zero and the line was horizontal, then gradient increases and that's the point where it passes X then afterwards it becomes horizontal again as the wavefronts are now stretched hence no virtual increase in frequency
Original post by Mesuteyezil
But in actual sense if you think about it, as the car passes the point X where the observer was, frequency is meant to be increasing apparently due to compression of the wavefronts thus reduced wavelength... at first frequency was virtually zero since gradient was zero and the line was horizontal, then gradient increases and that's the point where it passes X then afterwards it becomes horizontal again as the wavefronts are now stretched hence no virtual increase in frequency

Lol wtf are you talkin about ? :P
Freq was on y axis and time was on x axis. So gradient of the graph would be something else,not freq. Freq was on y axis and it decreased as the car passed X, however there was no increase in freq and that made me a bit doubtful :V
Freq was on y axis and time was on x axis. So gradient of the graph would be something else,not freq. Freq was on y axis and it decreased as the car passed X, however there was no increase in freq and that made me a bit doubtful :V

The point X was in between the "falling frequency" part so right before passing X how on earth can the frequncy decrease?

Im aware that frequency was on the Y-axis, but there's no way on earth the frequency is reducing as the car moves towards you.. therefore the rate of change in frequency suddenly increases before remaining constant again indicating compression of the wavefronts.. I confirmed with my physics teacher as well
As the car passes X the freq decreases because the wavefronts move away from each other and wavelength increases

Yes i wrote the same thing but the frequency was constant for a long time
then it decreased..
It was strange though, the frequency should've have been increasing right before the point X as the car moves towards you, whereas on the graph it was just a horizontal line. The frequency dropped at X and became horizontal again.
Original post by RotiKebab
It was strange though, the frequency should've have been increasing right before the point X as the car moves towards you, whereas on the graph it was just a horizontal line. The frequency dropped at X and became horizontal again.

When it is horizontal, its almost like no frequency since its constant ( its like constant velocity= no acceleration eventhough the constant velocity can be high) that's how I reasoned
When it is horizontal, its almost like no frequency since its constant ( its like constant velocity= no acceleration eventhough the constant velocity can be high) that's how I reasoned

Yes, but that's not how doppler effect works, the closer a source gets to you, the less the distance between successive wavelengths when they reach you.
Yes, but that's not how doppler effect works, the closer a source gets to you, the less the distance between successive wavelengths when they reach you.

Exactly and so higher frequency, that's what I said.. in the graph it looked kinda weird but I mostly explained using my own knowledge about doppler
Exactly and so higher frequency, that's what I said.. in the graph it looked kinda weird but I mostly explained using my own knowledge about doppler

These edexel people does everything to make simple things look weird and unnecessaily confusing espescially at the a's...💀💀
(edited 7 years ago)

In the question it says after point x the car starts to move, before point x it was standing still so frequency will be constant.
Original post by Hamadtype-
In the question it says after point x the car starts to move, before point x it was standing still so frequency will be constant.

nooo
X was the time at which car goes past the spectator. It means it was coming from somewhere and it passes the guy at time X
What I think is that it was just meant to show higher frequency and lower frequency but then again why would it decrease if the car hasnt passed the spectator yet...... edexcel pls...
Original post by Tayyabshabbirtsr
What I think is that it was just meant to show higher frequency and lower frequency but then again why would it decrease if the car hasnt passed the spectator yet...... edexcel pls...

I think they have made a mistake here :P
just wait for ms to come out and they will be apologizing us xD
What did Edexcel do ...

Quick Reply

Latest