The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

average speed is total distance travelled over total time. total distance is (2*30)+(3*20)=120m and total time is 50 seconds and 120/50=2.4 so..
Original post by uud
Not sure where u have got 50 from and why u are dividing by it. But the average speed is 2.5m/s. because (u+v)/ 2 is average so (3+2)/2 = 2.5 m/s

Velocity is zero but average speed is 2.5 m/s

50 is the total time in seconds taken.

You can't use suvat equation to find speeds because speeds are scalar quantities sorry, the acceleration is also not constant because she changes from 2m/s to 3m/s instantaneously when you reaches the half way point.
Original post by GitFace93
using y=mx+c or y-y1=m(x-x1) you get like 10.56 or something, but on the graph it was obvsiouly 2.2... however, the x axis was broken hence meaning 10.56 was correct. stick with your maths. i didnt, rip me.

(take 2 points, i used like (280,-0.4) and (220,1.9) and use basic slope geometry to figure it out)

What do u mean 'the x axis was broken' ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 503
Original post by uud
I put C- Acceleration and deceleration is bigger- because F=ma, F from the engine stays constant, m mass decreases so acceleration increases (newtons law). I watch formula one and I thought that friction is good because the tyres work better when in the working window of a high temperature.

The resultant force does not remain constant
Reply 504
Original post by Synmatic
average speed is total distance travelled over total time. total distance is (2*30)+(3*20)=120m and total time is 50 seconds and 120/50=2.4 so..

yeah ok that is right. my bad. I didn't know that was the formula for average speed. ffs how was I supposed to know that and Ive never even come across it
Well for the maximum number of components you get 79... and you know its wrong but you have no time to change it AS YOU SPENT SO LONG ON ALL THE OTHER QUESTIONS... Ugh why does physics have to be so hard...
Original post by moshe015

Posted from TSR Mobile

it broke up with the y-axis cos'
y axis got pregnant with the 3-D graph Z axis.

it complicated...
love affairs *sigh*
Reply 507
Original post by 83457
The resultant force does not remain constant

can u explain that, because I kind of understand what u mean but not sure.
Reply 508
Original post by GitFace93
aqa are so cancer for putting in a V-I characteristic not a I-V... multiple choice at the end-ish? anyone say it acted like a thermistor so answer was C?

Are you sure? So it wasn't the typical current vs voltage graph and hence not A?
Original post by uud

your a proton uud.

SEE THATS WHAT PHYSICS DOES TO A PERSON, TO ME YOUR JUST ANOTHER F**ING PROTON
Original post by money-for-all
your a proton uud.

SEE THATS WHAT PHYSICS DOES TO A PERSON, TO ME YOUR JUST ANOTHER F**ING PROTON

Lol thought the samw thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moshe015

Posted from TSR Mobile

x axis didnt start from 0, it started at 200 or something
Original post by money-for-all
it broke up with the y-axis cos'
y axis got pregnant with the 3-D graph Z axis.

it complicated...
love affairs *sigh*

Oh everything is so clear now...😕😕😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 513
Original post by Sam Webb
I'm not a physics professional but,

If you use 4 resistors: 1/45 + 1/45 + 1/45 + 1/45 = 0.0889
1/0.0889 = 11.25 Ohms resistance.

The Voltage I think was 32V. Power = voltage^2/resistance.
so 32^2/11.25 = 91W

91W is less than 100W so is not quite using the maximum power, 5 resistors would be 114W which goes above the maximum power.

Therefore 4 components maximum before maximum power reached.

v^2/R = 100W > 32^2/100 = R(max) = 10.24
Knowing R is 45 and in parallel
(1/45x)^-1 = 10.24 > x = (1/10.24)/(1/45) = ~4.4, 4 resistors produces 91 Watts which doesn't hit 100W so I was wondering whether we round up, do you remember the wording of the question?
Reply 514
Original post by PawanAviator
What did people put for the last part on the question on about seismometers?? about it moving "downwards quickly". I didn't even understand that :/

I said that it would oscillate thinking the question was asking what the ball was going to do but apparently it's just up or down :/
Reply 515
Original post by uud

The driving force of the car might remain the same, but the F in F = ma is the resultant force.. Since friction is decreasing, the resultant force increases
Reply 516
Okay wtf was that graph question, I used y=mx-c and got 10.5 or something close to that and I looked at the graph and knew that was wrong so scribbled it all out and got 2.2 but now apparently 10.5 was right? AQA could have made that a bit more convincing so that we could be a bit more confident with our working.
Original post by dgkjhl
i said that it would oscillate thinking the question was asking what the ball was going to do but apparently it's just up or down :/

omg sameeee :d
Original post by Akashi
v^2/R = 100W > 32^2/100 = R(max) = 10.24
Knowing R is 45 and in parallel
(1/45x)^-1 = 10.24 > x = (1/10.24)/(1/45) = ~4.4, 4 resistors produces 91 Watts which doesn't hit 100W so I was wondering whether we round up, do you remember the wording of the question?

I think it asked "What is the maximum amount of components you can add without reaching maximum power" or something. So I imagine you have to round down or you will go over the max power.
lel, paper stole my life force. I revised all the experiment methods and non of it came up, pls help meh

Quick Reply

Latest