The Student Room Group

EPQ, need help.

We've not had much guidance when it comes to what a question should actually look like and we need to hand in our ideas ASAP.

I'm interested in history and would like to do it at university, so that could perhaps be an idea.
I'm also thinking - although definitely not limiting myself to - about doing something to do with women in history? I honestly don't know where to start, though.

Can anybody help with ideas?
Would need to stay well away from Nazi Germany and the Industrial Revolution in Britain.
Thanks!

edit: by the way, sorry about this title. wasn't thinking when I wrote it and it sounds really rude!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eleanorlrh
We've not had much guidance when it comes to what a question should actually look like and we need to hand in our ideas ASAP.

I'm interested in history and would like to do it at university, so that could perhaps be an idea.
I'm also thinking - although definitely not limiting myself to - about doing something to do with women in history? I honestly don't know where to start, though.

Would need to stay well away from Nazi Germany and the Industrial Revolution in Britain.
Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know much about history so I can't really suggest any ideas! But, ideally the title question should be one which you can argue for and against, so that you can write about the arguments in the essay and come to a conclusion at the end :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm afraid I don't know much about history so I can't really suggest any ideas! But, ideally the title question should be one which you can argue for and against, so that you can write about the arguments in the essay and come to a conclusion at the end :smile:

thank you! grateful for your help:smile:
thank you! grateful for your help:smile:

You're welcome! :h:
Reply 4
Any ideas?
You could possibly do something relating to the effects of Mary I and Elizabeth I - and what the matters of a Queen in their own right, and the implications it had on society?
(If that makes sense)
The witch trials? The suffragette movement? You could explore the changing role of women in society across a period, or across different cultures.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
You would need to be a LOT more specific than women in history as that's waaaay to broad a topic. If there's a specific area of the world you're interested in you could do something about women's impact on a war there? Or you could do something like the changing view of women in adverts as that shows society's changing view to them? I don't know much about history so I don't know how much help I'll be

Thanks!

edit: by the way, sorry about this title. wasn't thinking when I wrote it and it sounds really rude!

Hey! I did my EPQ on Chinese history, my title: 'Tiananmen: Have the Chinese governments actions since been justified?' Achieved 49/50 :smile:, I got an A* in History and I currently read history at Warwick university :smile:. Ask me anything! :smile:
Reply 9
These ideas are all really helpful, thank you! :smile:
I'll come back and ask questions when I've figured a little more out, if that's alright. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending