The Student Room Group

Does anyone else have nothing to do after GCSEs?

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do for 2 months after these exams :dry:

Scroll to see replies

I volunteered at a primary school for a month, it was brilliant!:biggrin:

Volunteering, work experience, paid work, self teach a language/skill? Don't waste it, whatever you do, you'll only regret it
Gym and boxing
I'm going to:
- Play video games
- Watch the new season of Suits
- Start to learn A level maths (cos I enjoy maths and want to get ahead xD)
- Play some Go (look it up)
- Go on a trip to Cambridge (with school)
- Go on holiday to America
Reply 4
I'll be self teaching myself python and probably some other coding languages for the first part of the 10 weeks off.
Reply 5
I've got so much planned :colone:

medical work exp
holiday to spain, italy and croatia (but not sure bout croatia yet)
summer job
law course
plenty of parties
plenty of netflix
festivalzzz
Original post by luciie
I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do for 2 months after these exams :dry:

Umm no I have a life.
Reply 7
I'll start organizing some work experience / volunteering placements to do over the holidays... I also plan on finishing JScript, JQuery and C#. A few weeks before September I'll also learn the first two subjects into A Level Chemistry and Biology; electron configuration with the 1s2, 2s2 stuff etc.
im going to probably catch on a lot of tv shows im neglected for the past few months, learn AS maths, learn A LOT of piano pieces and sleep :biggrin:
NCS
PS3
Showbox
Work experience applications
Start A level subjects
etc.
Trap.
I don't really have any plans sadly. I am going to catch up on TV, read some books, do knitting and crochet and learn hand embroidery. My friends all have set plans and then there is just me.
Original post by niv1234
I don't really have any plans sadly. I am going to catch up on TV, read some books, do knitting and crochet and learn hand embroidery. My friends all have set plans and then there is just me.

Hah! Read books? What's a book? I've never heard of one. Enlighten me on what a book is!?
you guys must be kidding...I still got 2 weeks of exams to go...:whip:
Original post by Federerr
Hah! Read books? What's a book? I've never heard of one. Enlighten me on what a book is!?

6.PNG
What? Really? Never?
I will be:
•reading
•try to improve my knowledge for history
•work on my writing
•workout
•learn how to wear makeup etc.
•shopping
•buy things for my room
•mentally prepare myself for results day :frown:

Need more ideas though
I'm going to learn C++ to help me in my future career of being a Game Developer.
Original post by zeldor711
I'm going to:
- Play video games
- Watch the new season of Suits
- Start to learn A level maths (cos I enjoy maths and want to get ahead xD)
- Play some Go (look it up)
- Go on a trip to Cambridge (with school)
- Go on holiday to America

The fact that you want to learn some A level stuff is actually a really good idea, Iv just finished my first AS year (year 12) and I wish I had done that, but I'm doing it for A2, will benefit a lot
Reply 18
I finish on the 24th so quite a long way to go still:frown:
-re do my room
-shopping for sixth form
-work experience
-read up on the a levels I'm taking
-learn my theory stuff for driving so as soon as I'm 17 (october:biggrin:!!) i can take the test
Im going on holiday so i don't really have time to get a job or volunteer to finish my duke of Edinburgh xD

Quick Reply

Latest