The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philo-jitsu
Yeah I think 65 is a bit high...I agree that its all A2 students, but youve got to consider all the super bright students arent resitting because they aced it last year, then youve got all the A2 people who barely revise because its 'just a resit', and some people are resitting for like a C rather than top marks, I think they could be low.

AT least based off this thread there aren't many people who didn't find it difficult.

Yeah but Im not an A2 student lol

God chem2 will probably shaft everyone over too.
Couldnt agree more....I wish there were soloman physics papers like in maths to prepare us for it! :-)

I was saying that to my friend earlier on as he does Edexcel.

I said that he has a ton of papers he can do since there's the R papers, the IAL ones which are usually harder. They're like the Solomon equivalent for physics if there were one.

We only have 2009-2015 + old spec questions :/

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Yeah but Im not an A2 student lol

God chem2 will probably shaft everyone over too.

The vast majority would have been

Original post by CALI1198
The vast majority would have been

Hey for the bright band seen, the 3 marker, please tell me that was just constructive interference at the first order.
Reply 564
I got that but it couldnt be because how would it be converted to 2.2j of kinetic energy in the brick....so i thought **** it and added 0.18 to 2.2.....logic :-)

yeah that sounds sensible
Reply 565
I cannot find the unofficial markscheme could someone please sort me.
Hey for the bright band seen, the 3 marker, please tell me that was just constructive interference at the first order.

I said something along the same lines. I said the interference patterns would have superimposed to constructively interfere thus giving a bright line. I think said more, but I felt it was insufficient for 3 marks

Then again sometimes AQA will just give you a mark for stating a keyword like interference

Then again sometimes AQA will just give you a mark for stating a keyword like interference

How much do you think you messed up?
Original post by mbh16
Has anyone in here got CHEM2 tomoz?

Yep, you ready?
How much do you think you messed up?

Genuinely don't know. I felt I did good, a million times better than last year.

I wish! It's the HTC One M7 (2013)
It's total **** now, it just died at 30% rn hence the delay in the reply.

Oh oops ahaha. It dies at 30% but is it more reflective than diamond with a refractive index of 2.42?(;
Original post by txnilxnur
i did this!! at first i did it TIR to the bottom right side then coming out there but then crossed it out and drew this instead... god knows which one is right to be honest

It made sense at the time haha.

My only revision for this was last night and this morning. Had FP2 and M1 yesterday. (CGP revision guides are amazing, get one for A2 if you haven't done so already, the purple ones)

Original post by FluffyLoader
Unfortunately, I think the grade boundaries will be pretty high since there was a lot of simplistic mechanics maths involved.The main gimmick of this paper was that it was really difficult to do in the allocated time period.I personally didn't finish all parts of question 1 or the 8 marker, so I'm pretty worried about that, but all of the calculations were pretty straightforward so I could've picked up marks there.This was a horrible paper for slow writers and less good mathematicians!

I have to disagree tbh... I mean to a small extent the grade boundaries will reflect the question difficulty but they won't be purely based on the fact that there were a 'lot of simplistic mechanics maths'. Plus I personally think the mechanics sections was actually pretty hard. Anyway back to my main point; exam boards base the grade boundaries on how well everyone has done throughout the country. Out of everyone taking it I believe it's something like 10% of people have to have A grades at they end of it so they will adjust the scores based on that... It's not really affected by the content of the paper and they are definitely not predetermined. So hopefully, for all our sakes, they make the grade boundaries low; which seems likely considering the response from everyone on this forum! Very hard paper!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamieOH
Oh oops ahaha. It dies at 30% but is it more reflective than diamond with a refractive index of 2.42?(;

Tbh my phone could be a unit 5 thermal question.

Calculate the specific heat capacity of the HTC One

10000Jkg-1K-1

The thing burns my hands. As we speak it's been on charge for about half an hour and is still on 1%

Original post by JamieOH
Isnt there more chance of TIR if the angle is smaller lol...

There is which is why the substance would reflect more light but whether or not it's considered 'similar to diamond' is very much up to one's own interpretation imho.
Does anyone remember how many marks the whole question on the spacecraft thing was worth? 6?
HEY

Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
Genuinely don't know. I felt I did good, a million times better than last year.

Last year I got 37/70, this year probs 40/70 for me /
What's really annoying is that I have a graphical calculator which can remember the last 50 calculations I put in.
But as I was leaving, I threw it into my bag and it was still on and the EXE button (the = one) kept getting pressed and I ended up with this

I accidentally used 9.8 as it was a last minute thing, but I've seen usually they'll award 9.81 or 9.8. just not 10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending