The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alhrona
i got a negative -0.036 but i left it at that because i didnt know what to do

Fair enoug
Original post by igotnomoney
Fair enoug

did you get that gradient , if yes how many marks will i get ?
Reply 542
Did anyone get B E1 to E2 for the UV photon
Original post by alhrona
did you get that gradient , if yes how many marks will i get ?

I got something like that, you should get 1 mark because without finding gradient you cant do anything else, i will be surprised if you didn't ...
Did anyone get 23.9 for one of the answers (maybe it was Young's modulus but i don't remember)

Edit: lol i thought i was being smart by extending the line through the 'y axis' which apparently wasn't the y axis.

There goes my D to an E
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 11234
Did anyone get B E1 to E2 for the UV photon

Yeah! It was the only one for which had greater energy than the E3 to E2 I worked out all the values to be sure :P
Reply 546
Original post by river222
Yeah! It was the only one for which had greater energy than the E3 to E2 I worked out all the values to be sure :P

What did the diagram look like again D was E0-E1 C was E1-E2 B-E2-E3 what was the other one I cant remember exactly was there an E4?
Original post by 11234
What did the diagram look like again D was E0-E1 C was E1-E2 B-E2-E3 what was the other one I cant remember exactly was there an E4?

Oh yeah silly me the option answer was D
Basically the ground state level to the one above it was around 8V?
Original post by 11234

I estimated the wavelength of ultraviolet to be about 670nm and used delatE=hc/lamda to find an estimate for the difference in eV. Pretty sure it turned out to be E1 to E2
Reply 549
Original post by river222
Oh yeah silly me the option answer was D
Basically the ground state level to the one above it was around 8V?

I think so but wasn't E3-E1 that of a visible photon
Reply 550
Original post by Bobbbobbob
I estimated the wavelength of ultraviolet to be about 670nm and used delatE=hc/lamda to find an estimate for the difference in eV. Pretty sure it turned out to be E1 to E2

Was that the SECOND smallest gap by any chance
The put the one that the biggest gap (ground state to the one above the ground state), I cant remember the numbers am I right?
Reply 552
What was the answer for the corresponding acceleration time graph for the given velocity time graph? I choice the one that looks like a graph of y = 1/x (which I think was D), but I think it was wrong, because the velocity time graph was way to steep for that (the integral for 1/x is lnx, which is pretty unsteep). So was there an option of an acceleration time graph with a constant straight line that had a negative gradient? Because if there was, then it was probably that one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 553
For the Iv graph did anyone get A where it showed conductance only after a certain voltage/current
Original post by 83457
What was the answer for the corresponding acceleration time graph for the given velocity time graph? I choice the one that looks like a graph of y = 1/x, but I think it was wrong, because the velocity time graph was way to steep for that (the integral for 1/x is lnx, which is pretty unsteep). So was there an option of an acceleration time graph with a constant straight line that was negative? Because if there was, then it was probably that one.

Is that the one which was falling?
Because if it was then it was definitely D because if an object falls then acceleration is always 9.8
Reply 555
Original post by aminxv
Full unofficial mark scheme anyone? I've think I did well on paper one, but I mucked this one up. What do you think about grade boundary over both papers? approx 110/140 for an A?

2015 it was 97/140 for an A
2014 - 109/140
2013 - 108/140
2012 - 105/140
2011 - 101/140

so probably around 100-110 for an A but you can't really tell since its the first year
Reply 556
Original post by 83457
What was the answer for the corresponding acceleration time graph for the given velocity time graph? I choice the one that looks like a graph of y = 1/x, but I think it was wrong, because the velocity time graph was way to steep for that (the integral for 1/x is lnx, which is pretty unsteep). So was there an option of an acceleration time graph with a constant straight line that was negative? Because if there was, then it was probably that one.

I put that because all of the other ones showed acceleration increasing or staying constant with time
Original post by CBPAS
2015 it was 97/140 for an A
2014 - 109/140
2013 - 108/140
2012 - 105/140
2011 - 101/140

so probably around 100-110 for an A but you can't really tell since its the first year

Compared to previous years its a lot harder mostly because of the unknown timings of the exam.
Personally I'd be surprised if it was greater than 100 for an A
Reply 558
Original post by 11234
I put that because all of the other ones showed acceleration increasing or staying constant with time

Well that's a relief. I hope you're not trolling :tongue:
Reply 559
Did anyone put A for the IV graph of the mcq where it increases after a certain voltage and then Figure 6 is a straight line so it better than Figure 5 or anything along those lines

Quick Reply

Latest