The Student Room Group

How much for a C

I'm pretty sure i flopped this maths exam, however would you still get marks for working out?even if your answer is wrong, would you get a mark if the examiner thinks you'r going along the right line but muddled up?anyways how much do you need for a C on this paper?.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SannahXXXX
I'm pretty sure i flopped this maths exam, however would you still get marks for working out?even if your answer is wrong, would you get a mark if the examiner thinks you'r going along the right line but muddled up?anyways how much do you need for a C on this paper?.

Yeah you get marks for showing your working out, which is why teachers stress it that you should show your working out on every exercise paper - Even if your final answer is wrong.

Nobody will know how many marks YOU need, without knowing the tier that YOU done.
Reply 2
Original post by Binary Freak
Yeah you get marks for showing your working out, which is why teachers stress it that you should show your working out on every exercise paper - Even if your final answer is wrong.

Nobody will know how many marks YOU need, without knowing the tier that YOU done.

Hi, i was doing higher paper
Reply 3
Whats for foundation
Reply 4
It's around 60 for a C.
Reply 5
Original post by luciie
It's around 60 for a C.

Doubt i got a C then:frown:
Reply 6

This is the mark for the two papers combined. Did you do Edexcel?
Reply 7
Original post by luciie
This is the mark for the two papers combined. Did you do Edexcel?

Yep i did edexcel

i think i f'ed up too :frown: dads gna kill me lol
Reply 9

Yeah but for both papers combined... so about 30% on each paper! Maybe you made that...? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by PrincessZara
i think i f'ed up too :frown: dads gna kill me lol

Same, LOL my dad&mom would be really disappointed:frown:
Reply 11
Original post by fuzz13
Yeah but for both papers combined... so about 30% on each paper! Maybe you made that...? :smile:

In'sha'Allah :smile: i made it.
Reply 12
How about a foundation paper?
DO NOT WORRY!

On average, 60 marks are needed on the higher tier for a C grade, however, in some years it has varied. To me, I considered this examination serious to be a bit easier than last years. However, last years boundaries were high and this was abnormal and this meant there was a high amount of students who had to resit. This year, i predict it will be 62 for a C as todays paper was a really weird paper, it seemed a bit too random.

hope this helps
Reply 14
im wondering for foundation too.. Anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by GcseMaths
DO NOT WORRY!

On average, 60 marks are needed on the higher tier for a C grade, however, in some years it has varied. To me, I considered this examination serious to be a bit easier than last years. However, last years boundaries were high and this was abnormal and this meant there was a high amount of students who had to resit. This year, i predict it will be 62 for a C as todays paper was a really weird paper, it seemed a bit too random.

hope this helps

Just coming out the exam and listening to everyone doing good, makes me wonder if i did good:|; wish the grade boundaries are low this year as if it's high i doubt i would get a C and i'd have to resit my maths which would be a shame; i revised and revised but when i sat in the exam i forgot everything; i tried my hardest i had a look at the mark scheme that was put up and i realised that i didn't do as well as i thought i did, just disappointed in myself to be honest but thank you :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Just coming out the exam and listening to everyone doing good, makes me wonder if i did good:|; wish the grade boundaries are low this year as if it's high i doubt i would get a C and i'd have to resit my maths which would be a shame; i revised and revised but when i sat in the exam i forgot everything; i tried my hardest i had a look at the mark scheme that was put up and i realised that i didn't do as well as i thought i did, just disappointed in myself to be honest but thank you :smile:.

dont worry, i feel exactly the same :/ i wish someone had the predicted answers for foundation aswel as the grade boundries. im 22 and sitting this exam for my level 3 apprenticeship so i need it to pass. never been great at maths, so i think ill need to redo the exam next year, but we will see :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Emmz93
dont worry, i feel exactly the same :/ i wish someone had the predicted answers for foundation aswel as the grade boundries. im 22 and sitting this exam for my level 3 apprenticeship so i need it to pass. never been great at maths, so i think ill need to redo the exam next year, but we will see :biggrin:

Hopefully we both did good!
Reply 18
70 Marks combined from both papers will get you a C in higher paper. 140 marks combined from both papers will get you a C in foundation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by GKT
How about a foundation paper?

140 Marks in total will get you a C. 140 marks combined from both papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest