2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by money-for-all
jokes probs got a U

was fully about to have a huge go at you hahahahaha SAME
Reply 561
Original post by Bobbbobbob
I estimated the wavelength of ultraviolet to be about 670nm and used delatE=hc/lamda to find an estimate for the difference in eV. Pretty sure it turned out to be E1 to E2

Ultraviolet waves have way more energy than photons so i chose the one with the biggest gap which I think was E2-E0 (if that was an option, which i cannot remember too well)
83000 anyone
The graph question about changing velocity time graph to accelration graph .... I thought for this one that since the gradient of velocity time graph was curve, it meaning that that it was decreasing accelration so i picked up graph that was showing accelration being curved and reaching zero eventually :smile:
Original post by igotnomoney
The graph question about changing velocity time graph to accelration graph .... I thought for this one that since the gradient of velocity time graph was curve, it meaning that that it was decreasing accelration so i picked up graph that was showing accelration being curved and reaching zero eventually :smile:

I got this too
Yeah
Original post by BluntBluster
83000 anyone
Reply 566

What did you get for the IV graph
Original post by 11234
What did you get for the IV graph

The one with circuit shown, dioide and resisitor?.?
Reply 568
What do you think 56/69 would be which is 81%
Original post by BluntBluster
83000 anyone

I remember guessing the second largest 83... option. Was there a choice greater than 83000? If 83000 was the largest then I lost another mark :/
Reply 570
The one with circuit shown, dioide and resisitor?.?

Yep did you get A
Original post by aacargo
I remember guessing the second largest 83... option. Was there a choice greater than 83000? If 83000 was the largest then I lost another mark :/

Yeah you had to work out time using suvat and then plug it into f=mv/t
Isn't the falling object graph the one with constant acceleration D?
Original post by 11234
Yep did you get A

To be honest i am not sure, i guessed that one and by accident put the one that didnt show anything ... I only had 10 second to think for that
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 574
What did everyone get for the IV graph with the resistor and diode and what do you reckon 56/69 would be
Original post by 11234
What did everyone get for the IV graph with the resistor and diode and what do you reckon 56/69 would be

A the normal one i thought
Reply 576
Original post by river222
A the normal one i thought

WHere it increases from an x intercept linearly right? What do you reckon you got, Im so scared about boundaries now :frown:
Original post by 11234
WHere it increases from an x intercept linearly right? What do you reckon you got, Im so scared about boundaries now :frown:

What did everyone got for explaining why one graogh is better than other or something like? All i put is that straight is better because it shows linear relationship which means that they will be less error on the value found either using gradient or y intercept etc hence this will make it more accurate ... I dont think if this is rught though
Reply 578
To be honest i am not sure, i guessed that one and by accident put the one that didnt show anything ... I only had 10 second to think for that

Apparently it was a V-I graph not an I-V graph so it wouldn't have looked like A if that's the case
Reply 579
What did everyone got for explaining why one graogh is better than other or something like? All i put is that straight is better because it shows linear relationship which means that they will be less error on the value found either using gradient or y intercept etc hence this will make it more accurate ... I dont think if this is rught though

Yeah I pput something like that saying how you could use y=mx+c

Quick Reply