The Student Room Group

Official M4 Edexcel Thread – Wednesday 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cryptokyo
So you did M3 on 18th of May?

Nope - college didn't allow me to - self-studying next year - being held back quite a bit tbh. Having more modules does help and I know it has for the many people I've spoken to.
Wow you people here must be really really smart! Having to go through that monstrosity of a module that is M3, I can't even comprehend how M4 must be like!
Guys. ex 4b qs 5 part d. with the given description. solution bank took the speed at t=0 as 0 whereas the book took the speed as 5. which is correct?
In general, can we take any point on the system to be the level of zero potential provided no forces act directly at that level?

I've taken the apex of a system to be the level of zero potential but my equation for V is incorrect... :confused:
Original post by Euclidean
In general, can we take any point on the system to be the level of zero potential provided no forces act directly at that level?

I've taken the apex of a system to be the level of zero potential but my equation for V is incorrect... :confused:

Whats the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Whats the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

January 2004 Q3

Question.png
January 2004 Q3

Question.png

Do you mean the horizontal through A? I think it's because it's not always going to stay in that position. As theta changes so does the height of A from BC. So I think BC in the only option.
Original post by Pyslocke
Do you mean the horizontal through A? I think it's because it's not always going to stay in that position. As theta changes so does the height of A from BC. So I think BC in the only option.

Yeah I did. That makes a lot of sense :doh:

Thanks a lot!
January 2004 Q3

Question.png

We take GPE about fixed positions so it doesn't work. About there. Bit late :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
We take GPE about fixed positions so it doesn't work. About there. Bit late :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks though, appreciate it

Confident for M4 yet?
Thanks though, appreciate it

Confident for M4 yet?

Yep its going good. Shud get 90+z

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys. qs 2a from the books past exam paper. would it answer the question if we showed that it's light damping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChuckNorriss
guys. qs 2a from the books past exam paper. would it answer the question if we showed that it's light damping?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume that's what they want you to do
Good luck for M4 guys - smash it. @physicsmaths @Euclidean and of course man like @EnglishMuon
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Marxist
Good luck for M4 guys - smash it. @physicsmaths @Euclidean

Cheers :biggrin:
Original post by Marxist
Good luck for M4 guys - smash it. @physicsmaths @Euclidean and of course man like @EnglishMuon

haha thank you! Also I didnt even realise there was an M4 thread so thanks for pointing it out to me :wink:
Original post by EnglishMuon
haha thank you! Also I didnt even realise there was an M4 thread so thanks for pointing it out to me :wink:

Feeling prepared?
Feeling prepared?

Yep, hopefully! Its next wednesday isnt it?
Original post by EnglishMuon
Yep, hopefully! Its next wednesday isnt it?

Yeah next Wednesday AM :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this the best method to show that two objects cannot intercept eachother?

I think trying to equate position vectors is a little more complicated, I probably wrote more lines than necessary for this too

Tagging @physicsmaths cause I heard he's got sik geometry skills

Tagging @A Slice of Pi cause mechanics wizard

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending