The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

hey guys sorry to be a debbie-downer on this thread but does this course completely terminate this year, or will I still be able to resit this A2 unit next year? :smile: (I am definitely not confident I am going to get my grades for uni this year)
good luck everyone!!
Reply 601
Could someone please explain the significance in the dispute between Himmler and Hans frank for final solution. I'm not really sure what went on
Reply 602
Original post by vickybirkss
hey guys sorry to be a debbie-downer on this thread but does this course completely terminate this year, or will I still be able to resit this A2 unit next year? :smile: (I am definitely not confident I am going to get my grades for uni this year)
good luck everyone!!

The course terminates so no one else will study it

But a retake will still be available for this years cohort
Original post by eddso
The course terminates so no one else will study it

But a retake will still be available for this years cohort

PHEW thank god! thank you!! :smile:
Original post by grassntai
Isn't the morale question for WW2 synonymous with opposition to the Nazis in WW2? Or am I wrong? My school never set us a question on morale and we've done every single question possible.

If I'm wrong could someone post their morale essay?

Hey I found this essay plan on a morale question that may help you

http://heathenhistory.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/morale.doc
would you say that if i made a detailed plan for this question 'how far do you agree that 1924-29 was one of both political stability and genuine recovery' it'd cover all questions that could up for the golden years?

Edit: Oh I spoke too soon.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 606
Original post by cgureje
Hey I found this essay plan on a morale question that may help you

http://heathenhistory.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/morale.doc

You have literally just saved so many people's lives
Reply 607
For argument and counter argument, can I assert a line of argument in my introduction and then in my paragraph start by showing one side of the argument but then counter that by saying the other argument is better in the same paragraph?
Original post by eddso
For argument and counter argument, can I assert a line of argument in my introduction and then in my paragraph start by showing one side of the argument but then counter that by saying the other argument is better in the same paragraph?

Absolutely. I prefer to integrate my argument/ counter-argument in that way as it makes for a more sophisticated essay. Ensure that at the end of each paragraph which side of the debate thus dominates in light of the two sides of the argument you have presented.
Reply 609
So, day before the exam, what has everyone and their teachers predicted for the A questions?
I've seen on here, Final Solution, WW2 morale, and Golden Years? But they've repeated themselves before so now I'm really confused...

Also, could two Nazi controversy questions come up and no WW1?!
Reply 610
Original post by charmantell
Absolutely. I prefer to integrate my argument/ counter-argument in that way as it makes for a more sophisticated essay. Ensure that at the end of each paragraph which side of the debate thus dominates in light of the two sides of the argument you have presented.

Is it ok to end each paragraph with the same point though?

Like for golden years, my line of argument would be that nothing was really stable

So I'd present the economy argument for it being stable then counter it with its instability

I'd do the same with politics (no putsch as pro, but coalitions etc as con)

Then I'd do the same with culture (lots of cultural expansion as pro but political divisions exacerbated as con)

Then diplomacy (good relations as pro, internal political tensions as con)

I'm technically arguing both sides and maintaining the argument throughout so would that be allowed?
Original post by eddso
Is it ok to end each paragraph with the same point though?

Like for golden years, my line of argument would be that nothing was really stable

So I'd present the economy argument for it being stable then counter it with its instability

I'd do the same with politics (no putsch as pro, but coalitions etc as con)

Then I'd do the same with culture (lots of cultural expansion as pro but political divisions exacerbated as con)

Then diplomacy (good relations as pro, internal political tensions as con)

I'm technically arguing both sides and maintaining the argument throughout so would that be allowed?

Yes! In fact, that was essentially my argument for a similar question I did recently. So long as you recognise the counter arguments there is no problem with you being certain that every factor points to the same conclusion (again, providing you can consistently justify why the counter argument is weaker than your main argument, that, in essence, the 'golden years' were not genuinely stable. Like I said, that's precisely what I did in a similar question - wherein I received full marks. Siding with one side of the argument the whole way through your essay does not give way to criticism of a lack of balance but, I repeat, ensure the counter arguments are acknowledged. I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 612
Original post by laxu79
So, day before the exam, what has everyone and their teachers predicted for the A questions?
I've seen on here, Final Solution, WW2 morale, and Golden Years? But they've repeated themselves before so now I'm really confused...

no way, my school has only taught the world war one one.
Any plans or essays for questions to do with resistance during WW2?
Can someone please help me with putting up a simple plan of how you should answer part a/b questions like would the peel technique i think it is and explain what the letters represent thanks.
Reply 615
Original post by charmantell
Yes! In fact, that was essentially my argument for a similar question I did recently. So long as you recognise the counter arguments there is no problem with you being certain that every factor points to the same conclusion (again, providing you can consistently justify why the counter argument is weaker than your main argument, that, in essence, the 'golden years' were not genuinely stable. Like I said, that's precisely what I did in a similar question - wherein I received full marks. Siding with one side of the argument the whole way through your essay does not give way to criticism of a lack of balance but, I repeat, ensure the counter arguments are acknowledged. I hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much you absolute star! This method will make my argument so much more succinct as well which is good because, although I've been getting around 27/30, I can always tell I could be so much more succinct
Anyone else getting this horrible last minute feeling that they are going to ask a question on something that you haven't covered? I'm panicking that they won't ask either final solution or golden years which is what I'm most prepared on. Anyone able to reassure me? :frown:
Reply 617
Original post by samgriff1998
Anyone else getting this horrible last minute feeling that they are going to ask a question on something that you haven't covered? I'm panicking that they won't ask either final solution or golden years which is what I'm most prepared on. Anyone able to reassure me? :frown:

I feel the same! Except I haven't prepared the golden years as I just can't remember anything on the culture aspect of it. I feel okay for the final solution but ideally I'd like opposition,morale,threats to Weimar Republic or rise of hitler to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laxu79

WW1 Controversy question is guaranteed to come up.

I'd say it would also be more than likely to come up in part A as well (Kaiserreich).

Basic outline for Stresemann:

Hyperintlation CA: Rentemark = Argument that Stresemann did everything in his power to avert economic crisis from becoming exacerbated, decisively not an argument in favour of these being called the 'Golden Years' as the political and economic circumstances were fragile.

Ruhr Valley/Rhineland occupation CA: Calling off passive resistance, Franco-German border agreement, restart of reparation payment.

Locarno Treaty CA: Germany allowed in the League of Nations, status of 'Great Power'. Counter-argument to that: Loss of casus belli for lost territory. Agreement of reparations payment infuriates German populace.

Dawes Plan: Stresemann's main concern was in reinvigorating Germany's post-war economic slumber. Allows US investment in Germany>Allows German economy to recover. French finally leave Ruhr region. Reparations paid over a longer period of time and in lower quantities. Reichbank restructured under Allied supervision. CA: Many saw the reparations enforced upon Germany under the Treaty of Versailles as unjust. CATT: Arguably shows Stresemann's pragmatic side - he was aware that if Germany is to begin growing again it must accept these measures. His pragmatism was a display of the stability of the period (arguably as it could be said he was merely 'plastering the cracks'.

Young Plan (1930): Achieves total French evacuation of the Ruhr region. Was Stresemann's last major political achievement and arguably his most important. Comes right after onset of GD and the WSC. It caused the successful revision of reparations payment - 2,000 million marks to be paid yearly until 1988>This easened the burden on the German people and easened the political tension in Germany, wherein many externalised internal German problems on the US and the Versailles treaty. CA: Defeatism and appeasement of Allies. It was a rallying cry to those forces within the republic which were intrinsically against the new deal>promulgated Hitler and the NSDAP to national prominence.

Lack of political violence (comparison to previous years where there was plenty) Argument for stability or just merely the calm before the storm?

Did I miss anything? Please tell me.

(edited 7 years ago)
BTW and apologies for doublepost. How f***** is everyone if Stresemann years (1923-30) don't come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending