The Student Room Group

Anyone do the maths calculator foundation paper? I think I've messed up 🙈

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
Don't be so rude and disrespectful! Whether you do foundation or not does not reflect your real intelligence. Everybody is different, everybody has strengths and weaknesses- as do you, we are only human!

Yeah ok
Original post by ?Hannah
Good points. :smile: Popadom should try and learn from people like you, one with good morale. :smile:

Thanks! You have good morale too!:smile:
I cannot believe how disrespectful some people can be. Does it really matter if people do foundation? How does it make them lazy? They will be trying just as hard as people doing higher as you need over half marks on both papers to get a C. Maybe it isnt their fault for being on foundation? Maybe it is the school they have been to, maybe the school has lack of support from teachers and other staff? Maybe they just simply do not understand maths? Non of this makes them lazy or mentally incapable.
Original post by drogon
lmaoo im just trolling him, givin him a taste of his own medicine.

Hypocrite
Original post by Jacob-2000
I cannot believe how disrespectful some people can be. Does it really matter if people do foundation? How does it make them lazy? They will be trying just as hard as people doing higher as you need over half marks on both papers to get a C. Maybe it isnt their fault for being on foundation? Maybe it is the school they have been to, maybe the school has lack of support from teachers and other staff? Maybe they just simply do not understand maths? Non of this makes them lazy or mentally incapable.

Exactly
Original post by Popadom12345
Hypocrite

Oh sorry, are you still talking?
Original post by drogon
I agree, think you should go back to wherever you came from you moron, we dont need more benefit scroungers, sorry

Like you're any better
Reply 167
I've already been offered a place at Oxford you jealous scum

That minute you chat ****, getting a condition from Oxford when you haven't even done your A levels. Prick
Reply 168
Like you're any better

look mate if you're going to insult others maybe man up and take hit instead of whining like a little *****
Original post by Blooboy100
Oh sorry, are you still talking?

I'm actually typing since luckily I'm not speaking to you to your face (thank God)
Original post by drogon
look mate if you're going to insult others maybe man up and take hit instead of whining like a little *****

At least I'm not a hypocrite
Original post by thecatwithnohat
You gave me a heart attack. I'm actually tearing up :rofl: earphones were on full volume.

Can you close this thread please? Noticed you were part of the support team.
Original post by Jakir
That minute you chat ****, getting a condition from Oxford when you haven't even done your A levels. Prick

No one will have done a levels when they apply to uni because of the changes, which is why GCSE matter even more now

No but you're an entitled, narcissistic egotist who indulges in the belittling of others, to maintain his image of superiority.
Reply 174

you're an idiot gtfoh
No one will have done a levels when they apply to uni because of the changes, which is why GCSE matter even more now

You haven't done your reading. We will still be doing AS' - so that universities can see it and judge our potential. However, our AS results won't count towards our final A2 grade.
Original post by ?Hannah
Can you close this thread please? Noticed you were part of the support team.

Don't worry I'm on it, I'm new to the team so I'm still trying to find my way around this. :lol:
Original post by ?Hannah
may i just say something - I am a privately educated student and have been all of my life. however, private and state schools are equal. some of the nicest people i know come from private school, but some of the most vile people who i have ever met go to private school. such is the same with state school. so, you cannot make assumptions of a persons traits and characteristics based on the school that they go to. my parents have sacrificed everything to send me to a private school. stop generalising the 'types' of people who go to which school, it really is pretty sad to see lack of life experience on this thread. all the poor OP wanted to know was what people thought about the paper he sat.

i do not think that the person who you are is defined by the school in which you attend. it is about your morale, your attitude towards life and the way in which your parents have brought you up.

in regards to taking foundation paper, i think that there is nothing wrong with that. many people like Bill gates and Steve jobs didn't finish their education, yet both were/are extremely successful and influential. of course grades do matter, however they don't define you as a person. regardless of whether or not you did foundation tier, you are no more 'inferior' or 'superior' to the rest of us.

honestly, the attitudes of some people on this thread need to be sorted out. yes, i don't know you - so i apologise for stating that. but, you could get the best grades in the world, but if you aren't a great person than i do worry for you - as you won't get far in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with the rest of your post that there's always bad apples in both systems, but I hate when people use the terribly poor Bill Gates and Steve Jobs example.

They technically didn't finish their college education but were respectively at Harvard and Stanford, with Gates known to work up to 36h at a time and being at the top of his peer group in Mathematics - hardly comparable to failing foundation-tier mathematics. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that!
Original post by Metrododo
I agree with the rest of your post that there's always bad apples in both systems, but I hate when people use the terribly poor Bill Gates and Steve Jobs example.

They technically didn't finish their college education but were respectively at Harvard and Stanford, with Gates known to work up to 36h at a time and being at the top of his peer group in Mathematics - hardly comparable to failing foundation-tier mathematics. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that!

Yeah, I agree with you. I kind of thought that they were bad examples to use, haha! 😂
Hahaha no one does foundation

Oh what an idiot.

Do you know that the most successful people in the UK did foundation or lower maths?

Just for an example.

My father is a Doctor (C in maths)
My mother a business women (C in maths)
Myself who is currently studying on a degree from a foundation maths paper.

What a stupid remark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending