The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yinks_xo
lool yh i was thinking that too ,I swapped it with my mums regular tea too see if it made a difference

Lool just glad to hear you weren't poisoned or anything! Might try mine out now xD
Original post by llama_whisperer
No I haven't, I actually don't even know about the details of where we will be going, kinda just following the wind and hoping they will send me my information pack XD

Fingers crossed! Super nervous but excited! I just had my information evening from NSC today, got to meet a few people from my date so waaheyyy XD
Original post by Milzime
is it better when you're 16 or 17

16....I guess because you won't feel a bit insecure of being one of the elders. BUT it's equally awesome, doesn't matter what age. It's the experience
Original post by nattm12
Fingers crossed! Super nervous but excited! I just had my information evening from NSC today, got to meet a few people from my date so waaheyyy XD

What did they tell you at your information evening? How long was it?
Original post by Wisdom2
What did they tell you at your information evening? How long was it?

It was only an hour and they basically told us what the 1st, 2nd and 3rd sections of NCS consist of. Plus the safety's, the do's and don'ts, they also answered some questions we wanted to ask. It was pretty chilled, I mean i already knew what they told me before I went having done my research months ago but it was worth it to get a better sense of the people you'll be going with.
Original post by nattm12
It was only an hour and they basically told us what the 1st, 2nd and 3rd sections of NCS consist of. Plus the safety's, the do's and don'ts, they also answered some questions we wanted to ask. It was pretty chilled, I mean i already knew what they told me before I went having done my research months ago but it was worth it to get a better sense of the people you'll be going with.

Awesome! Thankss! :smile:
Hey Guys, I didn't get the chance/option to choose what I do on the 2nd week? When will I do that? :3 I really want to do sport. Has anyone who's done the NCS before done the sport course and what's it like?
Original post by PennedDown
Hey Guys, I didn't get the chance/option to choose what I do on the 2nd week? When will I do that? :3 I really want to do sport. Has anyone who's done the NCS before done the sport course and what's it like?

I've not been given options, and I am not aware of them either. Help!
Original post by ChefExxxcellence
I've not been given options, and I am not aware of them either. Help!

You can go on the website, login and still choose.
Original post by geniequeen48
You can go on the website, login and still choose.

I'm on their site, but can't see any options to choose those.
Original post by ChefExxxcellence
I'm on their site, but can't see any options to choose those.

They have 2 sites:
https://bookings.ncsthechallenge.org/
Hey guys! I signed up for NCS in like march or April, but I never received like the stress ball thing and everyone else that is on the same day as me received an information pack thingy by email but I never did 😕 I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing. I called NCS a and they said I should call back closer to the start date but Idk if they have messed up my booking or something 😁
Original post by Ona2000
Hey guys! I signed up for NCS in like march or April, but I never received like the stress ball thing and everyone else that is on the same day as me received an information pack thingy by email but I never did 😕 I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing. I called NCS a and they said I should call back closer to the start date but Idk if they have messed up my booking or something 😁

I would suggest you call them and tell them your details because you are unsure of your date. Honestly my friends who have the same date as me got their information pack two weeks before I did. I was confused at first but now I understand why that happened. Even though we all have the same dates, I will not be going to the same place as them so that explains why I got my information pack much later than them. I'm sure you will get it eventually, if you don't get it in the time period of two weeks since your friends received theirs call ncs and ask for your date first and then explain. hope that helped xD !
Original post by nattm12
I would suggest you call them and tell them your details because you are unsure of your date. Honestly my friends who have the same date as me got their information pack two weeks before I did. I was confused at first but now I understand why that happened. Even though we all have the same dates, I will not be going to the same place as them so that explains why I got my information pack much later than them. I'm sure you will get it eventually, if you don't get it in the time period of two weeks since your friends received theirs call ncs and ask for your date first and then explain. hope that helped xD !

Okay thank you!
I just applied to ncs however ive not been given a date only my provider ingeus
Hey guys! My dates are 31st July - 23rd August and I'm from south west London (Surrey). I was just wondering how you can check what options you chose for part 2 because I've forgotten what I put down lol :smile:
Original post by rasp123
Hey guys! My dates are 31st July - 23rd August and I'm from south west London (Surrey). I was just wondering how you can check what options you chose for part 2 because I've forgotten what I put down lol :smile:

Same dates, different area (Barnet?, North London)
Original post by leafcannon
Same dates, different area (Barnet?, North London)

Yay!! At least we have the same dates! :smile: I feel like most people are doing earlier dates..
Original post by rasp123
Yay!! At least we have the same dates! :smile: I feel like most people are doing earlier dates..

It might be just because some of them have already received some details or information packs about the programme and such. If the website is anything to go by, we should get ours by the end of this month or the beginning of the month after.
Laches wood, West Midlands 23rd July anyone?

Latest

Trending

Trending