The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 83457
Apparently it was a V-I graph not an I-V graph so it wouldn't have looked like A if that's the case

Wait do you mean there was a grapgh of diodes but one showed V/I and other showed I/V
Reply 581
What did everyone put for effects on % uncertainty. I put increase % u in area but decrease in extension because greater extension so more measurable and thus less % uncertainty
Reply 582
Original post by igotnomoney
Wait do you mean there was a grapgh of diodes but one showed V/I and other showed I/V

No some guy commented earlier that it wasn't an I-V graph, but most people would have assumed so given the rush to finish, but a V-I graph. But I'm not too sure about this
Original post by 83457
No some guy commented earlier that it wasn't an I-V graph, but most people would have assumed so given the rush to finish, but a V-I graph. But I'm not too sure about this

Im pretty sure it was a regular I-V so A
Im guessing the flipped one might have been used to catch out people who thought its reversed because of the resistor
Reply 584
Original post by 11234
What did everyone put for effects on % uncertainty. I put increase % u in area but decrease in extension because greater extension so more measurable and thus less % uncertainty

got the same
Original post by 11234

I put the uncertainity increases on measuring diameter using calliper if it decreased and i couldnt think of second one so i put systematic error eill increase as accuracy is decreased :/
Original post by 11234
Was that the SECOND smallest gap by any chance

surely it was e1 to ground state because that was the only one larger in energy difference
Original post by 11234
50 for an A maybe?

Noooo, i reckon a lot lower. Even my physics teacher thinks it'll be like... 65% for an A
Original post by 83457
did you round it to 10 or keep it as 3sf?

I kept my answer to 3sf as it didnt state in the question any marks would be rewarded for the correct sif figs
Reply 589
Original post by Smile Generator
Noooo, i reckon a lot lower. Even my physics teacher thinks it'll be like... 65% for an A

so 45 for an A what about 90 ums?
Original post by GarlicBread01
The put the one that the biggest gap (ground state to the one above the ground state), I cant remember the numbers am I right?

I put that as an energy difference bigger than the visible light means a higher frequency than visible light
Reply 591
For the mcq with K0 did anyone put B
This is what I remember...
114W for power...
2.11*10^whatever for ym in MCQ
4 resistors
10,000microvolts(or volts unsure)
Y=mx+c so line graph was better for section A question
Lamda/4 for alpha in MCQ
f stayed the same in MCQ
The rest is a blur....👀
I got 2f for the frequency mutiple choice
did anyone get f/square root 2 for the a mcq
Reply 596
Original post by Sam Webb
I think it asked "What is the maximum amount of components you can add without reaching maximum power" or something. So I imagine you have to round down or you will go over the max power.

Ah, I see, I think I read it wrong then since I would usually round down unless something said otherwise - my bad.
what did everyone get for the diameter of the wire (the question that contained a zero error)
What was the last multiple choice answer, I had no time just but B down somet like 0.7??? But what was the real answer?
You had to realise that UV has a higher frequency therefore a higher energy therefore the biggest gap

Quick Reply

Latest