The Student Room Group

Do u ever dream of having an exciting life?

Maybe Ive seen too many films but I often imagine living on the wild side being in dangerous situations in police chases full gun battles and jumping out of helicopters etc I am sick of my 9-5 life I need some sort of adventure or atleast something exciting to happen its driving me crazy this routine of 9-5 home and bed.. What job can I get where I am faced with near death everyday that isnt army based? I want to wakeup and go into the unknown rather than knowing my cubical with my computer and phone are waiting for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yes every flaming second of every single day.
And by exciting i mean stuff like going out, having a phone, going to starbucks (life goal :moon:) and just stuff like that what ppl take for granted :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Salamandastron
Yes every flaming second of every single day.
And by exciting i mean stuff like going out, having a phone, going to starbucks (life goal :moon:) and just stuff like that what ppl take for granted :redface:

How is that exciting? Thats the boredom I want to escape.. Having a phone? How is that exciting it sucks tbh rather not have one, so I can make excuses for not contacting people easily, these days u need a phone in order to even get a job, also pretty much need the internet to do anything these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah... maybe when people vote leave and our wages go up.... yayaya :wink:
my dream would be to become a TSR mod :excited: #mylifegoals

Spoiler

Life is what you make it.
Original post by Souljer
How is that exciting? Thats the boredom I want to escape.. Having a phone? How is that exciting it sucks tbh rather not have one, so I can make excuses for not contacting people easily, these days u need a phone in order to even get a job, also pretty much need the internet to do anything these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mhm come live my life and see how exciting those things are in comparison. Tbh should have been a little clearer, not really specifically those things just the everyday things people take for granted that I either can't do or theoretically could but haven't the confidence to. I just want my own life and to be able to do whatever I want whether that is just going out somewhere without having to notify people and without reason or going skydiving, both are equally exciting when your trapped in such a claustrophobic, lonely existence :smile:
Interesting thread.

Occasionally yeah, but I try to avoid it. When I wake up from the dream it'll only make reality all that more depressing!
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not a luxury many others have though!
I saw myself being like this movie like setting where I was chasing dragons and dodging bullets :^_^:
:emo: Life is more exciting in dreams :lol:
As depressing as it sounds we've all had thoughts/dreams about having a good, exciting life. Remember nothing is impossible. want an exciting life ? want to be rich? want to be successful ? work hard.
----

Bit off topic, but...

10/10 for liking Digital Daggers, specifically Still Here! :yikes: (I assume)
Original post by Binary Freak
Bit off topic, but...

10/10 for liking Digital Daggers, specifically Still Here! :yikes: (I assume)

Yeess omg :gah: :five: well 'still here' is there for a reason :wink:
but also the devil within :teeth:
Reply 12
Original post by Souljer
Maybe Ive seen too many films but I often imagine living on the wild side being in dangerous situations in police chases full gun battles and jumping out of helicopters etc I am sick of my 9-5 life I need some sort of adventure or atleast something exciting to happen its driving me crazy this routine of 9-5 home and bed.. What job can I get where I am faced with near death everyday that isnt army based? I want to wakeup and go into the unknown rather than knowing my cubical with my computer and phone are waiting for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How old are you, if you do not mind me asking?
Original post by urbanlocations
Yeah... maybe when people vote leave and our wages go up.... yayaya :wink:

I'm going to guess you're not from up north? Also, higher wages don't matter, the cost of living would also increase such is the greed of humanity. It may make us richer compared to the Euro but that doesn't matter when we we're out of the EU...
Have done. It's not all its cracked up to be.
Reply 15
I think this is more common than people might think.

My favorite is being a spy. I think because I love spy tv shows and movies.
Original post by Blooboy100
I'm going to guess you're not from up north? Also, higher wages don't matter, the cost of living would also increase such is the greed of humanity. It may make us richer compared to the Euro but that doesn't matter when we we're out of the EU...

I live were they brew 'Yorkshire Tea'

HAV A BEW ON ME LAD.
Yeess omg :gah: :five: well 'still here' is there for a reason :wink:
but also the devil within :teeth:

Ahh I see (I think) :smile:
Can't say I've listened to it :yikes: I'm all over the place with music! Have you listened to the below?

Spoiler

Yes

I really don't want to waste my youth. Imagine turning 26 and realising you've spent your best days being a boring person who was just stuck at work everyday?
Original post by urbanlocations
I live were they brew 'Yorkshire Tea'

HAV A BEW ON ME LAD.

Fair enough lol. In Liverpool, we're a labour city and so have traditonally been neglected by the tories. Had the Eu not stepped in, in the mid 2000s we would of been completely destroyed by the current government. The EU gave us capital of culture and basically built us a new city centre creating thousand of jobs

Quick Reply

Latest