The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
It's called confidence, nothing wrong with that. Look at Zlatan or Ronaldo both are arrogant to some degree but no one really chats **** about their skill because they prove it on the pitch, they already know their great players.

Yeah, and that's exactly the point. They have proven themselves to be the best. Pereira has done nothing to warrant having a large ego. Unless playing well in the u21's warrants it?
Original post by zKlown
Arrogance is not confidence

Arrogance is thinking you're better and matter more than everyone else, it comes from the ego.

Confidence is having faith in yourself and knowing you are great but not better than anyone. You are aware of your surroundings more and respect others.

Get out of here with that b.s.

To become a great you have to have a ridiculously strong belief in your own ability and the belief that you can be (or are) better than everyone else. Lets look at examples of greats:

Ali- "I'm the greatest thing that has ever lived. I am king of the world"

C.Ronaldo- "I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don't believe you're the best, then you will never achieve all that you're capable of"

Zlatan- "I don't need a trophy to tell myself I'm the best"

Mayweather- "I am the best. No one is better than me"

This is a trait of great people in every sport just some are more humble about it (like Messi for example or Zidanne etc etc) and don't want to actually admit it but deep down that thought of being better than everyone else is always there.
Arrogance can be perceived as being very confident in one's ability.

All about perspective.
Original post by Dirtybit
Is it because he is Brazilian and you like your Latina girls

YAS :biggrin:

Good finish :biggrin:

Original post by NathanW18
Yeah, and that's exactly the point. They have proven themselves to be the best. Pereira has done nothing to warrant having a large ego. Unless playing well in the u21's warrants it?

He's pretty much proved himself playing for U21s. Unfortunate he never really got as much game time as Lingard lol
Angel Gomes is the best talent we have under 18 atm (followed by Gribben), but let's not say anything rash... he is 15.
Reply 745
Original post by Lúcio
Who hurt you?

Don't copy me
Fosu Mensah is my fav, really hope that both him and AP make it
Original post by difeo
Don't copy me

Who hurt you?
Wonderkid Embolo to United? Don't mind.
#MakeUnitedBlackAgain
Reply 752
Original post by Dirtybit
Wonderkid Embolo to United? Don't mind.
#MakeUnitedBlackAgain

When was United black?

I remember when we had a midfield of Mikel, Essien, Ramires with Malouda, Anelka, Drogba. Those were the good days.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
When was United black?

I remember when we had a midfield of Mikel, Essien, Ramires with Malouda, Anelka, Drogba. Those were the good days.

The main attack anyway

Reply 755
Original post by qasidb
And yet you say that I'm an AIDS poster :colonhash:

You are and I'm dumping my **** on this thread. This was relevant to the confidence vs arrogance discussion.
Reply 756
Proceeds to write heartfelt essays -> gets called an aids poster -> Says it was just bs anyway -> gets drunk on tsr
Thoughts on De Gea going to jail?
Looks like @sr90 needs to find a new twitter avi.
Original post by swirly
Thoughts on De Gea going to jail?

Him and Adam Johnson would get Prison FC into the Premier League in no time.

Latest