The Student Room Group

AQA History A2 HIS3K 'USSR 1941-1991" June 2016 prediction

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uchiha25
They wouldn't ask if it failed would they? They would ask how successful aspects of his period were e.g. economy and society or how successfully he dealt with nationalism, not like Krush as he was overthrown.

yh your right sorry just trying to give you an example, tbh i doubt you will receive a question that mentions nationalism or dissidence
Original post by dylanthevillain
yh your right sorry just trying to give you an example, tbh i doubt you will receive a question that mentions nationalism or dissidence

You dont think they will do an overlapping question on Krush and Brez like they did in 2012? Or you think they stopped that pattern?
They've done one on economy, could they do one on ideology?
I really want a Stalin Q or Brezhnev Q or Gorbachev Q or any leader Q really AS LONG as it's not a thematic one on agriculture cuz I hate agriculture so much
If they follow the pattern, it should be Stalin and Brez, along with thematic which would ask for the later dates i.e. until 1991.
Original post by CandyDance
They've done one on economy, could they do one on ideology?

What do you mean by ideology?
Original post by Uchiha25
What do you mean by ideology?

I don't think this can come up, this is me just comparing the two regimes in that Khrushchev still has believed in the ideas of Stalinism whereas with Brezhnev the ideology began to fade away and lost its grip on the population at large
I can't think of anything apart from what they've already asked in past Q's....
How did everyone find the 2016 paper today?
And what questions did you answer and what were you're points?
Political stagnation 1945-1982 ?

Economic disaster under Brezhnev + Khrushchev ?

Reason for the break up of the USSR - Gorbachev ?
Original post by Marie Mae

it was really tough i did one and 2 avoiding gorby, i split brezhnev and khrushchev into agriculture and industry, and then for the breadth I looked at each magnate and said whether i firstly thought politics had stagnated and if i secondly thought it was because of the party, what did you do
Original post by Marie Mae

I did Q1 and 3.

Q1:
- Stalins firm control of all aspects of soviet life including politics, economy and social values
- Khrushchev's secret speech and process of destalinisation e.g. 105 Regional Ministries and incentivisation
- 'Jobs for life' - 25% Politburo, 1/3 Central Committee
I can't actually remember what else I wrote haha oops
- Brezhnev reversing political change - shut down Kosygin Reform 1965
- Brezhnev's conservatism
- Nomenklatura
- Stability of Cadrés
- increasing age of politburo, CC, council of ministers
- Alcoholism
- Corruption - benefits and stuff
- Khrushchev attempting change while Brezhnev restricted it

Q3:

Economic: Law on individual labour activity, Law on Cooperatives, Law on State Enterprise, Law on Joint Enterprises - Perestroika etc etc

Political: Glasnost, Republican unrest, rise of Yeltsin, Estonia (1988), Georgia + Latvia (1989), Lithuania (1990) and Ukraine (1991), COPD (750/2500, 100/2500 not very democratic)

Social: Glasnost, Republican, Reformers + Conservative hardliners, not much social reform but Law on Press Freedom (1991) reversed Glasnost

Other: Inherited lots of issues from previous leaders such as political, economic and social stagnation that would inevitably lead to the break up of the USSR, although Gorbachev was rash and didn't follow through properly with reforms and allowed other people to take advantage and rise to power such as Yeltsin
Pretty sure I flopped. I was so prepared for a question on Stalin, but once again there was a question on Gorbachev instead. :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

I had a complete mind blank with Q1 and made the vaguest sentences - something like 'corruption and bureaucratic obstructionism became prevalent during the Brezhnev era'. Completely forgot about the Kosygin reforms which pretty much renders one of my paragraphs on Brezhnev completely invalid. Oh well, I hear other people found it dreadful too, and I only need a B, so I'm trying not to think about it too much :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending