The Student Room Group

Do u ever dream of having an exciting life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
Have done. It's not all its cracked up to be.

So if you didn't find it exciting, you haven't lived a bit of an exciting life so far?
Original post by Blooboy100
Fair enough lol. In Liverpool, we're a labour city and so have traditonally been neglected by the tories. Had the Eu not stepped in, in the mid 2000s we would of been completely destroyed by the current government. The EU gave us capital of culture and basically built us a new city centre creating thousand of jobs

I still think the majority of Liverpool will vote leave in the EU referendum due to immigration.
Original post by Serine Soul
So if you didn't find it exciting, you haven't lived a bit of an exciting life so far?

I didn't say I didn't find it exciting, just that it's not all its cracked up to be - that's different.
Reply 23
Original post by Souljer
Maybe Ive seen too many films but I often imagine living on the wild side being in dangerous situations in police chases full gun battles and jumping out of helicopters etc I am sick of my 9-5 life I need some sort of adventure or atleast something exciting to happen its driving me crazy this routine of 9-5 home and bed.. What job can I get where I am faced with near death everyday that isnt army based? I want to wakeup and go into the unknown rather than knowing my cubical with my computer and phone are waiting for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't usually condone this, but what you are describing can only be found in terrorism nowadays if you want to avoid the army

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by urbanlocations
I still think the majority of Liverpool will vote leave in the EU referendum due to immigration.

They might well do but in my opinion that just shows the underlying racism in our society and the rashness in voting out based on this, irrespective of whether or not it actually benefits them. Everyone has their own opinion :smile:
Original post by Drewski
I didn't say I didn't find it exciting, just that it's not all its cracked up to be - that's different.

What did you do
Original post by Blooboy100
They might well do but in my opinion that just shows the underlying racism in our society and the rashness in voting out based on this, irrespective of whether or not it actually benefits them. Everyone has their own opinion :smile:

Nor racism. We would still get trained doctors from outside and inside of the EU referendum we just won't get people coming to claim benefits or unskilled workers.
Original post by hezzlington
What did you do

I was an officer in the RAF and a ski instructor for a few years working in 8 countries over 3 continents.
No I like it nice n boring, thank you
All the people with "exciting" lives wish they could live a normal one, trust
Original post by urbanlocations
Nor racism. We would still get trained doctors from outside and inside of the EU referendum we just won't get people coming to claim benefits or unskilled workers.

No I'm sure you're not motivated by racism but having grown up in quite a poor city it's obvious there is a lot of undue bitterness to a lot of foreigners. There's still quite a lot of racial incidences that happen all the time, I've witnessed a few myself.
Same. I hate my life its so BLOODY boring.
Exams.
School.
Revise.
Exams.
Graduate.
A-level
Exams
Graduate/Prom
Make a CV
Uni
Exam
Graduate
Job
Work
Sleep
Work
Eat
Poo
Work
Marry *doubt it*
Kids
Watch them grow
Watch them marry
Retire
Die
:frown: DEPRESSING RIGHT?
Original post by Binary Freak
Ahh I see (I think) :smile:
Can't say I've listened to it :yikes: I'm all over the place with music! Have you listened to the below?

Spoiler

:lol: it's ok, it isnt meant to be got :colondollar:
Omg check it out :teeth: well any music is better than no music :yes:
[video="youtube;L9ZxW_NNYk8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ZxW_NNYk8[/video]

And yeh someone i like showed me that, dont think they like me that much anymore but still :redface:
Good song :music:
become an astronaut
Reply 33
Original post by Drewski

Lol so describe how you have lived the life I described? Tell me all about the shootouts you've been in, dying to hear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
Lol so describe how you have lived the life I described? Tell me all about the shootouts you've been in, dying to hear.

Didn't say it was exactly the same - exciting is subjective and individual.

I found flying around in helicopters, jumping out into (mostly simulated) firefights, using handguns and rifles, playing around with explosives, followed by a few years of skiing everyday for 5 months, jumping off cliffs, traveling the world...to be pretty exciting.

If that doesn't float your boat that doesn't make either of us right or wrong.
Can't wait to be independent and eat Rustlers burgers everyday without having to be shouted upon.
Original post by Drewski
I was an officer in the RAF and a ski instructor for a few years working in 8 countries over 3 continents.

Original post by Drewski
Didn't say it was exactly the same - exciting is subjective and individual.

I found flying around in helicopters, jumping out into (mostly simulated) firefights, using handguns and rifles, playing around with explosives, followed by a few years of skiing everyday for 5 months, jumping off cliffs, traveling the world...to be pretty exciting.

If that doesn't float your boat that doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

Pff, shoulda joined the Army. :wink:
Original post by rumana101
Life is what you make it.

"So lets make rock"
-Hannah Montana

I'll see myself out now
Original post by hezzlington
Pff, shoulda joined the Army. :wink:

Please. Why dig in when you can check in?
I used to constantly imagine up scenarios from my everyday life and I would do amazing things:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest