The Student Room Group

Why should we care that it's Ramadan?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Why should anyone care what you think?
I couldnt care less, last time I checked we lived in England a non-islamic country although at this rate it will soon be one. My family arent even natives nir am I white and even I can see why people are getting annoyed.. And I really dont see how wanting to preserve British culture is racist either.. If you say anything bad about islam your apparently a racist yet pretty sure islam isnt a race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by EastonUmmah
The hypocrisy of the pig munching *****. You put your lights up 7 weeks in advance and festoon every shop in the land with your filthy indulgent gaudy decor/merch. You basically indulge in 2 weeks of excess without even really acknowleding the Christian/duty aspect of the festival itself (how many of you ***** even go to church?). Kafir dog aint fit to lick our boots even Hindus can f/o our morality and way of life are second to none; fasting abstinence, chastity, charity, interest free banking fukin kafir dont hold a candle to us init.

If you do not mind me asking who are you talking to?
Original post by M14B
If you do not mind me asking who are you talking to?

OP bruv. Christmas dominates public/retail/consumer life for a good 2 months or so. Its Christians that should f/o not us.
I don't get why everyone's being so mean or offended.
Original post by The Roast
I don't get why we (society/mainstream media) care so much about a holy month?

OP, you shouldn't care. There. Now you have been let off the hook. :smile::u:
Nobody asked you to care about ramadan? You're acting like you are being forced. If you don't care about it do me a favor and bang your head against the wall
The hypocrisy of the pig munching *****. You put your lights up 7 weeks in advance and festoon every shop in the land with your filthy indulgent gaudy decor/merch. You basically indulge in 2 weeks of excess without even really acknowleding the Christian/duty aspect of the festival itself (how many of you ***** even go to church?). Kafir dog aint fit to lick our boots even Hindus can f/o our morality and way of life are second to none; fasting abstinence, chastity, charity, interest free banking fukin kafir dont hold a candle to us init.

What is the point of you fasting through this holy month? It's ironic how you're talking about kufars but you're the one using dirty language. Ramadan is not only about fasting its about being a better person too...
Original post by offhegoes
Perhaps to distract us from the inconsequential brevity of our existences.

hell
The whole birth of Jesus thing... you know the manger, angel Gabriel...

The four weeks leading up to Christmas Day is called Advent.
Reply 109
Original post by markova21
The four weeks leading up to Christmas Day is called Advent.

I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.
Reply 111
Original post by markova21
I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.

It means you've taught me something I didn't know.
OP is literally the first person/media organisation I have heard mention it.

Ramadan is celebrated by a good few million people in this country so it is certainly a noteworthy event.

The Chinese community is very small and yet their New Year celebrations get a good bit of coverage. But because you don't have an axe to grind against that community I'm sure I won't find you whinging about that next January.
Maybe because its a holy month
Maybe because the holy book Quran was revealed
Maybe because you can be a better Muslim
Maybe because the holy book was reveled to the last messenger by Angel Gabriel in this month
Maybe because direct words from Allah were first revealed in this month
Maybe because everyone life is destined in this month
and lastly Maybe because it teaches idiots like you who make dumb threads 'how people care about how holy this month is'
Thanks

As a Roman Catholic I go to church,not only on a Sunday but also on many other occasions and often attend Mass during the week as well. We too,fast and abstain. It is an important part of our faith. As is abstinence from sinful thoughts and behaviours. Also abstaining from indulging in excessive eating,drinking,lustful desires,and having bad or hateful thoughts . Trying our best to abstain from being vain, jealous,greedy, unkind,selfish. Etc.Etc. Except that in our faith we have to try and live like this every day of our lives. To try and be perfect and free from all sin. [Which is impossible of course,as we are only human beings. But we have to try our very best.]. And to ask God to help us to be better people and try and lead sin free lives.
It means you've taught me something I didn't know.

Oh I see !
agreed why the hell should we I don't wanna know about any other religions festivals only Christian traditions. this country don't need to celebrate more diversity. we are conservative in nature and should crack on with our daily lives.
Reply 117
Original post by Quantex
But if we aren't made aware that Ramadan is happening, how will we know when to troll the Muslim neighbours with food smells?

I've taken to baking bread every afternoon.

You tease!

Majority of Muslims have self control the smell of food doesn't urge us to eat. I don't mind people baking/eating in front of me.

Spoiler

Reply 119
Both Easter and Christmas have been commercialized - Ramadan hasn't.

Tell that to Tesco's.

They've been advertising vegetable oil and Elephant Atta non-stop.

Quick Reply

Latest