Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Scholarship at University Of Westminster

Scroll to see replies

Original post by olyak
Hi!

The Scholarship Team tends to let the applicants know 6-8 weeks after the deadline. The deadline was 8th May, so the latest day you would hear back from them should be either Friday 1st July or Monday 4th July. Some applicants have already heard back, others are still waiting.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!

The deadline for the international UG scholarships was 3rd May 2016. I emailed the Scholarships office, they'd inform me before the 23rd June 2016. And I have to reply to UCAS before 23rd June 2016. So keeping my fingers crossed!
Any international student who also applied for international undergraduate scholarships?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

The deadline date for scholarship applications vary depending on which scholarship you apply for. The deadline date for UG UK/EU is April 2016 and for UG/PG International its May 2016. Normally decisions on final round applications are made 4-5 weeks after the deadline date so we're hoping students will have a decision back by the end of May/first week of June. If the application is rejected in the first round due to not meeting the entry criteria then students are normally informed fairly quickly afterwards.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Office

Hi, Kim!
The deadline for 2016 UG international scholarship application was 3rd May 2016. its been almost 5 weeks, I haven't heard from the university. Can I expect a rejection?
Your help is most needed.
Thanks!
Reply 62
Original post by Hareemfatima
The deadline for the international UG scholarships was 3rd May 2016. I emailed the Scholarships office, they'd inform me before the 23rd June 2016. And I have to reply to UCAS before 23rd June 2016. So keeping my fingers crossed!
Any international student who also applied for international undergraduate scholarships?

Oh I had a similar issue, but I've been advised to just accept Westminster as my firm choice so I did so.
In your case I would suggest you email them two weeks before the UCAS deadline, so next Monday or some time next week and kindly as them if they could let you know before your deadline.. Maybe this would help..
And if they can't make a decision by then I guess you will have a tough decision to make: either risk it and accept the offer and hope for the best or just go with another university.
How desperately do you need the scholarship? Could you somehow afford going to uni without it? Because if not then just accept Westminster, you definitely won't miss out. And as far as I know apart from LSE there is no other uni in the UK that gives full scholarship for international students.

Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes.
Original post by olyak
Oh I had a similar issue, but I've been advised to just accept Westminster as my firm choice so I did so.
In your case I would suggest you email them two weeks before the UCAS deadline, so next Monday or some time next week and kindly as them if they could let you know before your deadline.. Maybe this would help..
And if they can't make a decision by then I guess you will have a tough decision to make: either risk it and accept the offer and hope for the best or just go with another university.
How desperately do you need the scholarship? Could you somehow afford going to uni without it? Because if not then just accept Westminster, you definitely won't miss out. And as far as I know apart from LSE there is no other uni in the UK that gives full scholarship for international students.

Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes.

Hey! thanks for the info. I did email the scholarships office and they old me that they;d inform me before my UCAS deadline. Fingers crossed! I cannot attend any university in the world, even in my home country without 100% financial assistance. My family is literally broke, I have one earning parent and four dependents. I'd be free from my A Levels on the 10th June, and after that I'd be working as a teacher assistant to help my mom. So thats that!
Hey! thanks for the info. I did email the scholarships office and they old me that they;d inform me before my UCAS deadline. Fingers crossed! I cannot attend any university in the world, even in my home country without 100% financial assistance. My family is literally broke, I have one earning parent and four dependents. I'd be free from my A Levels on the 10th June, and after that I'd be working as a teacher assistant to help my mom. So thats that!

Goodluck
Reply 65

It's tough.. But I guess everyone who applied for a full scholarship has similar circumstances.. It must be extremely difficult for the scholarship team to pick just one person. Good luck!

How did u end up studying in England though? What course have you applied for?
Original post by olyak
It's tough.. But I guess everyone who applied for a full scholarship has similar circumstances.. It must be extremely difficult for the scholarship team to pick just one person. Good luck!

How did u end up studying in England though? What course have you applied for?

Yeah..thats about it. I am not currently in the UK. I am in my home-country, Pakistan, and have applied for the scholarship that is directly aimed at developing countries. Fingers crossed..

BTW have you also applied to UoW?
Reply 67
Yeah..thats about it. I am not currently in the UK. I am in my home-country, Pakistan, and have applied for the scholarship that is directly aimed at developing countries. Fingers crossed..

BTW have you also applied to UoW?

Oh ok got it. Yeah I have applied to study International Relations :smile:
Original post by olyak
Oh ok got it. Yeah I have applied to study International Relations :smile:

Thats cool! So have I and I got an conditional offer. I have offers from Business Economics, International Relations, International Relations & Politics, International Relations & Development and Business Management.
Are you a UK citizen?
Reply 69
GUYS great news just got an email from the Scholarship Team and it said: "We are in the final stages of our assessment and awarding process so all remaining candidates should hear from us regarding the outcome of their scholarship application by the end of next week at the latest."

Not long left! GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!
Reply 70
Thats cool! So have I and I got an conditional offer. I have offers from Business Economics, International Relations, International Relations & Politics, International Relations & Development and Business Management.
Are you a UK citizen?

Ah that's quite a range! what job are you hoping to have after uni?

No, I am from Ukraine :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by olyak
GUYS great news just got an email from the Scholarship Team and it said: "We are in the final stages of our assessment and awarding process so all remaining candidates should hear from us regarding the outcome of their scholarship application by the end of next week at the latest."

Oh, Gosh! I wonder if the deadline is the same to students applying for Postgraduate Scholarships... Do you know? I am really anxious!
:smile:
Original post by nanatti
Oh, Gosh! I wonder if the deadline is the same to students applying for Postgraduate Scholarships... Do you know? I am really anxious!

Ahhh... Good luck to us all!
Original post by olyak
Ah that's quite a range! what job are you hoping to have after uni?

No, I am from Ukraine :smile:

Thanks! Journalism is my passion, and I am good with writing. That can be done as a side job. Probably in government service if I choose IR, otherwise in the banking sector or a finance firm if I choose Economics.
What about you?
Original post by olyak

Ahh...this is the painstaking part. Good luck to all of us. Let us hope the best for one another.
Original post by olyak

BTW did you specifically email the scholarships office, or was it a default email?
Reply 76
Original post by nanatti

I am sorry no clue..
Reply 77
BTW did you specifically email the scholarships office, or was it a default email?

Oh nice! You seem to like everything hah :biggrin: you will do great!

My dream is to work at the UN in Human Rights field:smile:

No, I emailed them regarding the accommodations arrangements. Wanted to know wether a successful applicant will be selecting their accommodation themselves or whether the accommodation will be arranged by the University. Apparently, if you are a person who is awarded a full scholarship (fee+accommodation), the accommodation will be arranged for you by uni in one of their halls or a private one, they choose :smile: And in the same email they told me about the results too
Original post by olyak
Oh nice! You seem to like everything hah :biggrin: you will do great!

My dream is to work at the UN in Human Rights field:smile:

No, I emailed them regarding the accommodations arrangements. Wanted to know wether a successful applicant will be selecting their accommodation themselves or whether the accommodation will be arranged by the University. Apparently, if you are a person who is awarded a full scholarship (fee+accommodation), the accommodation will be arranged for you by uni in one of their halls or a private one, they choose :smile: And in the same email they told me about the results too

Thats an interesting one! Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Have you applied for the full scholarship as well?
Reply 79
Thats an interesting one! Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Have you applied for the full scholarship as well?

Yeah I have. I have the same situation as you, if I don't go to Westminster I can't go anywhere at all. but i guess everyone who's applied for a full scholarship is the same :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending