The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Nirgilis
How many people have finished so far then? :ninja:

Hmm. Seems like either everyone or no one.
Are you AS or A2?
A2
What subjects are you taking?
Maths, FM, Physics
How are exams going?/How did they go?
Only had one so far and it was M2, went pretty well
To which university are you hoping to go?
Oxford/Imperial/Warwick - applying during a gap year
To study which subject?
Mathematics
What grades are required?
A*A*A
What grades are you predicted?
A*AB
How are you feeling about results day?
Not sure yet

Not me! Still got 4 more to go, one of which is today and I feel physically sick :cry2:
Reply 123

Second exam out of six total is today. I don't finish til the 24th

Are you AS or A2?

AS

Business studies, Economics, Law and Maths

Maths couldn't have gone much worse, got a U in core 1, a B in core 2 and an A in statistics. The other subjects went well though.

Lancaster University (UCLAN)

To study which subject?

Law

AAA

AAAA For AS (Probably got ABBC though :frown:)

Absolutely dreading it, haven't done as well as i wanted, and now i have to drop a subject i wanted to carry on next year.

Anything else to add?

No :biggrin:

Are you AS or A2? AS

What subjects are you taking? Chinese, English Language, Maths and Philosophy and Ethics :smile:

How are exams going?/How did they go? Maths went really well, as did Philosophy and Ethics. With English, the first exam was great but the second was a bit of a plot twist compared to the spec (it's a new course), although I think I've done enough to get the grade I want. Chinese... To be honest I have no idea how it went, it's totally up in the air! Speaking seemed all right but I'm not sure how they'll mark me compared to native speakers, and the listening/reading/writing paper was ok but there were quite a few answers I wasn't sure about. I'll have to wait and see!

To which university are you hoping to go? Cambridge is the dream :ahee:

To study which subject? Japanese (under Asian and Middle Eastern Studies)

What grades are required? A*AA :eek:

What grades are you predicted? This year I'm predicted AAAA, I don't have predictions for next year yet.

How are you feeling about results day? Undecided, I'm confident about maths and philosophy and ethics but Chinese and English are a little concerning :s-smilie:

Anything else to add? Nope :smile:

I've finished my AS exams :ahee:

What about you?
Original post by emiloujess
Not me! Still got 4 more to go, one of which is today and I feel physically sick :cry2:

Original post by BB8
Second exam out of six total is today. I don't finish til the 24th

Good luck both :awesome: . Let us all know how you do :jumphug:

Original post by Steliata
I've finished my AS exams :ahee:

What about you?

Oh, I finished my AS levels 6 years ago :colondollar: . I'm just here as to provide support to you guys, discussion catalysis and Results help in the lead up to, and on, Results Day :ninja:

To be honest, you guys will see me a fair bit within the next month or so, then you start forming your own little community and I'll slink into the shadows, and then on Results Day, Nirgilis owns the A-level forum :ahee:
I start my A2 exams next week but there's already a countdown to result's day.:eek:
Oh, I finished my AS levels 6 years ago :colondollar: . I'm just here as to provide support to you guys, discussion catalysis and Results help in the lead up to, and on, Results Day :ninja:

To be honest, you guys will see me a fair bit within the next month or so, then you start forming your own little community and I'll slink into the shadows, and then on Results Day, Nirgilis owns the A-level forum :ahee:

Ah right, fair enough :colondollar:

:noway:
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
:noway:

I leave the Applications and UCAS stuff to you experts :tongue: . You should see the TSR HQ timetable they print out each year. It's just "Nirgilis, A levels, 7am to 8pm" :lol: .
I leave the Applications and UCAS stuff to you experts :tongue: . You should see the TSR HQ timetable they print out each year. It's just "Nirgilis, A levels, 7am to 8pm" :lol: .

What is this?

Don't forget, I've seen you having meal breaks.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
What is this?

Don't forget, I've seen you having meal breaks.

You don't pay attention to your desk when you get to the office then, huh? :tongue:

... Or is that because I've stolen permanently borrowed all of your stuff by then? :curious: .
You don't pay attention to your desk when you get to the office then, huh? :tongue:

... Or is that because I've stolen permanently borrowed all of your stuff by then? :curious: .

You can have all the fun-sized chocolate bars I have. Also T shirts.
Are you AS or A2? - AS
What subjects are you taking? - Biology (dropping it), History, Sociology and English Lit
How are exams going?/How did they go? - I think they all went (touch wood) okay! Some better than others but no disastrous ones
To which university are you hoping to go? - still looking, but I like Birmingham the most at the moment
To study which subject? - at Birmingham, English Lit + Creative Writing
What grades are required? - AAA
What grades are you predicted? - AAAB
How are you feeling about results day? - weirdly excited to see whether my hard work paid off
Reply 136
Original post by mughushed
Are you AS or A2? - AS
What subjects are you taking? - Biology (dropping it), History, Sociology and English Lit
How are exams going?/How did they go? - I think they all went (touch wood) okay! Some better than others but no disastrous ones
To which university are you hoping to go? - still looking, but I like Birmingham the most at the moment
To study which subject? - at Birmingham, English Lit + Creative Writing

Woah, we're basically taking the same subjects. I do psychology (dropping it), Sociology, History and English Literature. I'm also looking at the University of Birmingham (for law though). What exam boards are you with?
Reply 137
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Biology, Chemistry, Economics
How are exams going?/How did they go? Pretty much a down hill spiral
To which university are you hoping to go? Bristol
To study which subject? Medicine
What grades are required? AAA
What grades are you predicted? A*AA
How are you feeling about results day? Not well! I am not going to make my offer, I just know it.
Reply 138
Are you AS or A2?
AS

Psychology (dropping it), History, English Literature and Sociology.

They went okay I suppose. My school originally were not allowing students to do AS exams. But then told us that we were taking them for psychology a month before the exam. I tried my best.

My dream is Nottingham, although I'm also looking at Bristol and Birmingham.

To study which subject?
Law😁

A* A A - AAB
AAAB

Relatively apathetic. I'll become more nervous as it draws closer.

Anything else to add?
Nah, not really
(edited 7 years ago)

Could have gone better but could have gone much worse if that makes sense? I don't think I managed to get the mark I need (75/100) for Cardiff but... At least I wasn't completely clueless 😊

Quick Reply

Latest