The Student Room Group

How to tell Job I can't work certain dates?

I have a job interview next week but if it goes well I'll be working Monday to Friday, but I have some dates I've planned that would clash eg London trip, graduation, holiday abroad.

How do I tell them (and when) that I can't work some dates? There are only three things I have planned but they last until the end of August so it's quite spread out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snowystarks
I have a job interview next week but if it goes well I'll be working Monday to Friday, but I have some dates I've planned that would clash eg London trip, graduation, holiday abroad.

How do I tell them (and when) that I can't work some dates? There are only three things I have planned but they last until the end of August so it's quite spread out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best to tell them at interview really
Be honest and tell them that you got holiday planned for certain dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
In an interview, the interviewer tends to ask if you've got any holidays planned, just tell them that you're going abroad then. If they like you and your interview goes well they won't hold that against you. As for your graduation, don't mention that in the interview, if you get the job you'll be entitled to a certain number of days holiday. So if you get the job, maybe a week before tell your manager you need the day off as it's your graduation.
Original post by snowystarks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite a few places ask in the interview if you have any holidays booked. If they ask, tell them then. If they dont, then you get offered the job, if you get offered the job, let them know as soon as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest