The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C1 C2 C3

How did everyone find it? I found it really hard!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Missed out the last 6 marker. Had no idea:frown:
Original post by robyn2000
How did everyone find it? I found it really hard!

I loved it! Everything I revised came up

Posted from TSR Mobile
A little hard but wayyy better than bioogy B1 B2 B3
decent exam, some things that hardly come up (paint, chromatography, PTFE) came up today
and i found the incomplete combustion one a bit strange; when it said carbon is produced did it want us to add the other products like carbon monoxide? i did but idk
Reply 5
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
decent exam, some things that hardly come up (paint, chromatography, PTFE) came up today
and i found the incomplete combustion one a bit strange; when it said carbon is produced did it want us to add the other products like carbon monoxide? i did but idk

I was confused too, I put CO (carbon monoxide)
What did you guys get for the specific heat capacity?
i thought it was a difficult paper, especially the 6 markers!! i had no clue. with that being said, i answered everything and think i did alright.. just maybe didn't get the A i was aiming for :frown:
I notice they ask 6 markers on easy little things we think will be one markers for example like biology the placebo thing and today chromotography which is only small in the revision guide

I need an A* but i think i did bad how much do i need to get secons paper if i get a B in this paper for an A
Original post by robyn2000
I was confused too, I put CO (carbon monoxide)
What did you guys get for the specific heat capacity?

put 32000J for energy transferred, then 76.2 degrees for temperature change

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ikrolivia
i thought it was a difficult paper, especially the 6 markers!! i had no clue. with that being said, i answered everything and think i did alright.. just maybe didn't get the A i was aiming for :frown:

Same here - I was aiming for an a* as I want to do it at a level but not too sure now!
Reply 10
put 32000J for energy transferred, then 76.2 degrees for temperature change

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get that I got 19
Original post by rahah7

I got 8000j i hate equations
Original post by rahah7

first part they gave you the energy per gram (16000) so multiply that by 2 (mass of fuel) to get 32000J (energy released)

then it said the energy released = mass x specific heat capacity x temp change
so 32000 = 100 (mass of water) x 4.2 x temp change
divide by 100 and 4.2 to get 76.2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by rahah7

I got 19 as well - using 8000 right?
Reply 14
Original post by rahah7

I got 19 as well - using 8000 from the previous question right?
Reply 15
first part they gave you the energy per gram (16000) so multiply that by 2 (mass of fuel) to get 32000J (energy released)

then it said the energy released = mass x specific heat capacity x temp change
so 32000 = 100 (mass of water) x 4.2 x temp change
divide by 100 and 4.2 to get 76.2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhh your right how many marks were those 2 questions worth pls say nothing more than 2😩
Original post by rahah7
Yhh your right how many marks were those 2 questions worth pls say nothing more than 2😩

i think it was 1 for the first part and 3 for the second, but they might give you a method mark for using a wrong value to calculate the temperature change :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by rahah7

Do you think there will be follow through marks?
Reply 18
i think it was 1 for the first part and 3 for the second, but they might give you a method mark for using a wrong value to calculate the temperature change :smile:

There goes my A😭
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending