The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alisa59
Not all people will think that the 'western view' is respectful and humane.

They're not backwards. It's just the way those countries are. Same goes with western countries with their rules and ideology.

They can change, but that needs more decision making for the government and the people of the country. I can think that gay marriage will be impossible in these countries.

All comes down to your opinion btw.

Then you are lying to yourself.

It is respectful and humane to not discriminate.

You might be fine to do so, but that makes you disrespectful and the very least you should do, is acknowledge that.
Original post by inhuman
Then you are lying to yourself.

It is respectful and humane to not discriminate.

You might be fine to do so, but that makes you disrespectful and the very least you should do, is acknowledge that.

Um, no? I'm not lying to myself.
I'm just stating what is true to my own belief.

Every country should respect the people and its citizens. But sometimes, gay marriage is NOT possible for some countries.

Disrespectful? Thank you. Unfortunately, you are wrong. Now go judge someone else please.
Original post by *Stefan*
No it does not.

There's no such thing as "it's how they are". When you choose to interfere with someone's life to such an extent, you're in the "backwards" category. End of.

I've already explained the futility of this argument above, so not doing it again.

But overall, it's religious people that will agree with them, as no doubt you are.

To each and on their own. It's your opinion.
However, the point that some countries do not agree with gay marriages still stands out.

I'm rational and I don't mind gay marriages to be legal.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
Original post by Alisa59
Um, no? I'm not lying to myself.
I'm just stating what is true to my own belief.

Every country should respect the people and its citizens. But sometimes, gay marriage is NOT possible for some countries.

Disrespectful? Thank you. Unfortunately, you are wrong. Now go judge someone else please.

Yes you are.

You are saying discriminating against someone based on sexuality is not discriminating or disrespectful.

It is. It just so happens that in some countries this is regarded as ok. But that does not make it not disrespectful.

It just means that those countries have *****y morals and values. Which is why we don't want these values over here.
Original post by lotusleon24
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

You do realize neither of Adam nor Eve existed, right...
Original post by inhuman
You do realize neither of Adam nor Eve existed, right...

Prepare to burn in hell pagan.
Original post by Alisa59
However, the point that some countries do not agree with gay marriages still stands out.

That is not how opinion works.

Yes, some countries do not agree with it. They have a different opinion. No one is denying that.

But that makes those countries backwards. How do you not understand that?

Imagine an entire country thought it's still ok to practice medieval medicine. They may believe that to work better, but their belief has no bearing on the fact that it's backward.
Original post by inhuman
Yes you are.

You are saying discriminating against someone based on sexuality is not discriminating or disrespectful.

It is. It just so happens that in some countries this is regarded as ok. But that does not make it not disrespectful.

It just means that those countries have *****y morals and values. Which is why we don't want these values over here.

Wait, what?

I think you're confusing yourself.
Go read my post again. Thanks.
Prepare to burn in hell pagan.

Don't worry about me, I will be in heaven next to the milkshake pool on the lesbian cloud.
Original post by Alisa59
Wait, what?

I think you're confusing yourself.
Go read my post again. Thanks.

I think you are in a permanent state of confusion.
Original post by inhuman
That is not how opinion works.

Yes, some countries do not agree with it. They have a different opinion. No one is denying that.

But that makes those countries backwards. How do you not understand that?

Imagine an entire country thought it's still ok to practice medieval medicine. They may believe that to work better, but their belief has no bearing on the fact that it's backward.

lol.... 'backwards', 'backwards', 'backwards'.

That's your opinion.
Original post by Alisa59
lol.... 'backwards', 'backwards', 'backwards'.

That's your opinion.

It's not an opinion though. That's what you aren't understanding. It is backwards, and what is opinion is that our opinion is that that is not ok, and your opinion is that that is ok.
If a man marries a man who cooks the dinner, cleans the house and looks after the children?
If a man marries a man who cooks the dinner, cleans the house and looks after the children?

Your mum?
Original post by Alisa59

No one said it doesn't stand. Clearly some countries do not accept it. That much is indisputable.

The question we've been talking about is whether they're right to do so, which they clearly are not.

You even hinted that with the "rational" adjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that why you want a wife?

You're some 50 years late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inhuman
Your mum?

images.jpg
images.jpg

Stupid question gets a stupid reply.
Original post by *Stefan*
Is that why you want a wife?

You're some 50 years late.