The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa biology unit 2 higher

Scroll to see replies

Decent paper yaa know.
Original post by Anygy
I got so confused over the plantains questions, probably from all the math yesterday :colondollar: Did anyone get a disadvantage for the catalase one? I wrote that the enzyme could be expensive to produce :s-smilie:
yeeeah I wrote that!!
Original post by Adamtoo
For the 4 marker about how the heart rate or something like that helps the athlete during the run, I talked about how more blood is able to reach the muscles, more oxygen is able to reach along with glucose which will give energy to them. Also lactic acid being removed so the muscles can contract? Idk

yeah i also spoke about respiration
Reply 43
Original post by Blahblahblah7
It said hydrogen peroxide doesn't kill every bacteria

I put enzymes can denature.. Would that be alright?
Original post by Adamtoo
For the 4 marker about how the heart rate or something like that helps the athlete during the run, I talked about how more blood is able to reach the muscles, more oxygen is able to reach along with glucose which will give energy to them. Also lactic acid being removed so the muscles can contract? Idk

I said something along the lines of: red blood cells carry oxygen to the muscles which help it aerobically respirate... energy produced blah blah
Reply 45
Original post by JoshuaE
I said something along the lines of: red blood cells carry oxygen to the muscles which help it aerobically respirate... energy produced blah blah

Ah okay, didn't mention the blood cells but looks like I didn't go off track because I thought I was just mentioning random stuff.
Original post by EmmaC_
I put enzymes can denature.. Would that be alright?

You might've needed to mention that it denatures at a high temperature. But I think you'll get the mark
Reply 47
(5 marks) Speciation question

-Foxes are seperated and become isolated
-Mutations occur in isolated groups
-isolated groups are exposed to different conditions
-Natural selection occurs in each group
-eventually groups can not interbreed

Would i get 5 marks for mentioning all 5 of these points?
Reply 48
Original post by Anygy
Is this the catalyst question or plantains? :s-smilie:

Sorry yes, it was the catalase one, getting a bit mixed up here. For the disadvantage i said it wasn't as fast as the large heating machine process
Reply 49
For the advantages of the enzymes i put:

Advantage:
The enzymes work best at low tempteratures, saving money and energy.

Disadvantage:
Enzymes are expensive

What do you guys think? Full marks for that?
Reply 50
What is an enzyme?

I put:

Enzymes are biological catalyst which attach to substrate molecules and break them down to make reactions go faster.
i put
an enzyme is a biological catalyst that is made up of amino acids and proteins. it speeds up reactions
Original post by Naco88
They are talking about a different question. Where the cells were produced was the testes. How they were produced was meiosis.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4155717

It was asking how the embryo was produces from a fertilised egg cell.. This egg cell has the chromosomes from both the mother and father therefore the embryo must have 46 chromosomes therefore it's mitosis as its the production of a body cell (46)
in 2014 and 2015 on foundation they gave what is a enzyme question. it was catalyst (multiple choice circle) the common answer so as long as you mentioned that you should be fine
Original post by Anygy
Maybe I read the question wrong... if it asked how the embryo divides, it's defo mitosis. If it was meiosis, each new cell would have 23 chromosomes which would make like ..... a sperm baby... or something O.O''''''

lol same i regretted that so hard i read it wrong too
Original post by jackbell
Sorry yes, it was the catalase one, getting a bit mixed up here. For the disadvantage i said it wasn't as fast as the large heating machine process

honestly, I have no clue :s-smilie: I would've thought not, because one of the functions of the catalyst is to make the reaction faster... you might get it tho o.O
Reply 56
Original post by Anygy
I was gonna write allergy one but then I thought that the catalase would've removed it anyways, so I was a bit hesitant to write it :angry:

It did say that hydrogen peroxide doesn't kill all bacterial
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
i put
an enzyme is a biological catalyst that is made up of amino acids and proteins. it speeds up reactions

Oh **** **** **** ****..... I put an enzyme is a protein molecule that acts as a biological DETERGENT?!?! what the **** was i thinking :frown: and then put that it speeds up chemical reactions.... how many ,marks would i get?
Original post by CopyThat
Oh **** **** **** ****..... I put an enzyme is a protein molecule that acts as a biological DETERGENT?!?! what the **** was i thinking :frown: and then put that it speeds up chemical reactions.... how many ,marks would i get?

i dont think any. it 2015 and 2015 foundation paper they asked what was an enzyme. they gave options and catalyst was the correct one.ill check the spec
Reply 59
Original post by CopyThat

If it was 2 marks then you'll defo get 1 I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending