The Student Room Group

Aqa biology/further additional/ b3 unofficial mark scheme

How did u guys find it? What did you put down?

Scroll to see replies

Can someone mark an unofficial mark scheme for the paper?
Original post by rumrumrose
How did u guys find it? What did you put down?

the easiest biology exam i have ever done!!!!!!
1) diffusion, active transport
A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis.
B is the one that changes the less because the concentration of sugar outside the bag(4.2) is nearly the same as the concentration of sugar inside the bad(5) so only small amount of water will enter the bag by osmosis and the net movement will then stop.

the six marker was okay I put:
A was red blood cells, they have no nucleus and carry haemoglobin which combines with oxygen to make oxyheamogobin, they carry oxygen from the lung to the cells in the body and then oxyheamoglobin break into oxygen and heamoglobin for exchange
B was white blood cell, produce antibodies to kill pathogens, and antitoxin to neutralise the toxin produced by harmful microorganisms
C was platelets, they help the blood to clot at a wound to stop excessive bleeding and stop microorganism from entering.

last question on mycoprotein
the fungus, fusarium is grown in a fermenter which is supplied with glucose syrup for food and respiration+oxygen for aerobic repirarion +nitrogen for growth and the production of amino acids
air is filltered and sterilised so that unwanted microorganisms dot grow in the fermenter
the fusarium is then harvested,purified and dried so that it can be used in food.

the 2 differences between the composition of blood in the vein and artery are:
veins have deoxygenated blood whereas arteries have oxygenated blood
veins have more carbon dioxide than arteries(because it has just come from the cell and exchanged oxygen for CO2 and are now going to the heart to go to the lungs to get rid of it in the alveoli)

i cant remember the question numbers and other questions so if u remember a question, tell me :smile:

Original post by Spontaneously
There are two different B3 papers. This is because both the AQA GCSE Biology 4401 course and the AQA GCSE Further Additional Science 4410 course both have Biology 3 papers.

Structure:
GCSE Biology 4401 -
Unit 1: Biology 1
Unit 2: Biology 2
Unit 3: Biology 3
Unit 4: Controlled Assessment (ISA)

GCSE Further Additional Science 4410 -
Unit 1: Biology 3
Unit 2: Chemistry 3
Unit 3: Physics 3
Unit 4: Controlled Assessment (ISA)

So dont get confused if people are talking about different six markers.
Thanks spontaneously for clarifying
(edited 7 years ago)
oh yh, the exam itself was good but NO question on the heart or kidneys which are my favourite
Reply 4
Posted from TSR Mobile
your answer to first the six marker is wrong it was about ions water and sugar no the blood
Original post by mediaya
1) osmosis, active transport

I thought osmosis was only the movement of water not sodium ions🤔Idk maybe im wrong but i wrote diffusion and active transport for that first question
Original post by user2567
Posted from TSR Mobile
your answer to first the six marker is wrong it was about ions water and sugar no the blood

there was a question about the blood and u had to describe the what each part does, i dont know if it was the first six marker or the second
What was the other one?
[QUOTE="x_rizma_x;65638815"]
Original post by mediaya

I thought osmosis was only the movement of water not sodium ions🤔Idk maybe im wrong but i wrote diffusion and active transport for that first question

same... if we're wrong then imma be pissed
Original post by mediaya
there was a question about the blood and u had to describe the what each part does, i dont know if it was the first six marker or the second
What was the other one?

I do not remember this blood question??!!!!
[QUOTE="x_rizma_x;65638815"]
Original post by mediaya

yes, i thought that too, but aren't ions contained in water as well. am not sure about my answers though
Original post by mediaya
What was the other one?

Was there ? I don't remember anything with blood except from the arteries and veins
Original post by babymarima

you had a diagram and had cell A, B and C
Original post by babymarima

There wasn't a blood question ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
Was there ? I don't remember anything with blood except from the arteries and veins

OMG, everyone cant remember the question so i feel like i didnt read the question
Original post by mediaya
you had a diagram and had cell A, B and C

did you do aqa higher tier B3?
Original post by mediaya
OMG, everyone cant remember the question so i feel like i didnt read the question

Do you remember one about Ions,water the six marker
Then there was another 6 marker about body temperature - cold
Original post by mediaya

nahh but i dunno cos I didn't even see a question with a diagram labelled with ABC, this best not have been like a back question that i missed i swear to god
Sorry to say this mate... but your 6 marker wasn't to do with blood, it was how mineral ions, water and sugar travel through a plant (xylem and phloem)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya

It was there :smile:
Original post by Federerr
It was there :smile:

What the one about blood ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending