(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Big white
why does θ\theta² ×\times 4cos\cos2θ\theta

equal

4θ\theta² cos\cos2θ\theta Edit: <---- made a mistake here
and not
4cos\cos2θ\theta²

Edit:sort of did work and didn't xD hopefully though you can read

It doesn't really work like that :tongue: just like how x2×exex3 x^2 \times e^x \not = e^{x^3}.

The theta on the end isn't being multiplied by cos or anything, the cos function is being applied to it before you multiply by 4theta^2.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
It doesn't really work like that :tongue: just like how x2×exex3 x^2 \times e^x \not = e^{x^3}.

Unparseable or potentially dangerous latex formula. Error 4: the LaTeX compiler exited catastrophically.x^2 \times e^x \not = e^{x^3}^^ this is what i saw not quite sure

but i get what you mean..... so would it just be * e^x????
Unparseable or potentially dangerous latex formula. Error 4: the LaTeX compiler exited catastrophically.x^2 \times e^x \not = e^{x^3}^^ this is what i saw not quite sure

but i get what you mean..... so would it just be * e^x????

That happens from time to time, but funnily enough it looks fine in my original post for me :tongue: look at the post you quoted.

Yes.. when you multiply it, nothing really happens. 'It is what it is'.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
That happens from time to time, but funnily enough it looks fine in my original post for me :tongue: look at the post you quoted.

Yes.. when you multiply it, nothing really happens. 'It is what it is'.

Ah it's changed now to this, which doesn't really help but i understand thanks for your help.
Maybe something's wrong with latex???
Ah it's changed now to this, which doesn't really help but i understand thanks for your help.
Maybe something's wrong with latex???

Maybe :tongue: :hat2:

Quick Reply

Latest