The Student Room Group

Jennifer Lopez - Ain't Your Mama?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgmx7z49OEk - for those who haven't watched it.

I agree with the message Jlo is sending, as "SOME" men expect their wifes to do all of this AND work full time also. Being Asian myself, I have seen this happen a lot in India where Men have more control of their wives and they're generally housewives.

I personally feel both sides should be equal. Husband and wife should work full time, cook and do laundry etc. Same goes for dates, it should be a treat. Men shouldn't ALWAYS have to pay because of their gender. I would not mind paying for dates or gifts etc. Basically, everything should be 50/50%. It's kind of getting hard to live on 1 sole income as everything is progressively getting expensive.

What do you think? :smile:
There's a lovely lady who lives not far from me and she is expected to do all the housework and the husband's sole responsibility is to work. If she wants to get a full-time job then that's perfectly fine but the housework/children are her responsibility - not his.

Currently, they both work full time but she has to do all the housework.

They are a lovely family but I do find that quite interesting... If the woman is fine with it then there's not much to say but generally I do believe that both should work together and share responsibilities.
It's really up to the couple, whatever works for them, of course it shouldn't be expected of anyone dependent on gender though and personally I would like an partnership where we both work and take care of the house.

It's just a song anyway though lol
Reply 3
Original post by Legendary Quest
There's a lovely lady who lives not far from me and she is expected to do all the housework and the husband's sole responsibility is to work. If she wants to get a full-time job then that's perfectly fine but the housework/children are her responsibility - not his.

Currently, they both work full time but she has to do all the housework.

They are a lovely family but I do find that quite interesting... If the woman is fine with it then there's not much to say but generally I do believe that both should work together and share responsibilities.

I completely agree with you, I think if both couples work full time then they should contribute equally. However, if say one of the partner doesn't work full time regardless gender should carry out house duties as the the partner is working full time.

It just saddens me how women are expected to work full time, to household chores and take care of children. Yet, the man just works full time? Not fair.
Reply 4
Original post by Blondie987
It's really up to the couple, whatever works for them, of course it shouldn't be expected of anyone dependent on gender though and personally I would like an partnership where we both work and take care of the house.

It's just a song anyway though lol

I know I'm generalising but it's usually women who have to work full time, do household chores and take care of children. Whereas, the man just works full time. Each side should contribute equally. It's 21st century for crying out loud lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending