The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway B2 C2 P2

Hey guys how did ya'll find the exam ?
Original post by Taahira_
Hey guys how did ya'll find the exam ?

It wasnt too bad - harder than the first paper but overall fine. U?
Reply 2
Original post by Scarlett4
It wasnt too bad - harder than the first paper but overall fine. U?

Same I didn't find it that difficult , they were really nice with all the 6 markers too! Which I'm happy about
Same I didn't find it that difficult , they were really nice with all the 6 markers too! Which I'm happy about

What did you get for the coal answer in the physics 6mark?
Reply 4
Was pretty easy for me, but I 'coughed up' a little bit in a few parts.
Reply 5
Now to wait for unofficial mark scheme.
Reply 6
What did you get for the coal answer in the physics 6mark?

Something about coal being burned and the heat is used to boil water into steam Steam is then pressurised which runs the turbine then the turbine drives the generator and then I wrote what happens in the generator so like there's a coil of wire that cuts through the magnetic field between two poles of a magnet - but I'm not sure whether the last bit is right :/ what did your write?
Something about coal being burned and the heat is used to boil water into steam Steam is then pressurised which runs the turbine then the turbine drives the generator and then I wrote what happens in the generator so like there's a coil of wire that cuts through the magnetic field between two poles of a magnet - but I'm not sure whether the last bit is right :/ what did your write?

I wrote the same and about step up & step down transformers etc - but i didnt know how to do the equation. I worked out total energy input but didnt know what to do with it
Reply 8
I wrote the same and about step up & step down transformers etc - but i didnt know how to do the equation. I worked out total energy input but didnt know what to do with it

OMG same here I was so confused when they asked about that so I left it :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest