The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science B4 B5 B6 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

I don't know how well i did, the six markers were pretty good i thought but for the maths questions i completely messed up. First one i did 99.91% which was the wrong way round and the ratio question i got 1:640 instead of 639, maybe 1 mark for that.

The substrate question i just said that the ethanol can join to the enzyme and speed up the reaction so can help quicker as a result, might have done that wrong. The other 3 marker i said it wasn't natural so some people may not like it as two parents is the norm.

Mutation question was about triplet coding for amino acids being changed, therefore different proteins will be produced. The respiration question i put mitochondrion due to aerobic respiration and cytoplasm because of anerobic respiration. Hoping for an A overall, i feel like i should have done better on some questions though
Reply 101
Original post by Ella_08
Omg wow! How did you even manage that in 1 hour...

I know but 1 mark can be the difference between an A and an A*
I'm just really worried about it tbh
Original post by Lsford
I know but 1 mark can be the difference between an A and an A*
I'm just really worried about it tbh

Well what's done is done. You still have B7 right?
Reply 103
Original post by Mr_Elmo
I don't know how well i did, the six markers were pretty good i thought but for the maths questions i completely messed up. First one i did 99.91% which was the wrong way round and the ratio question i got 1:640 instead of 639, maybe 1 mark for that.

The substrate question i just said that the ethanol can join to the enzyme and speed up the reaction so can help quicker as a result, might have done that wrong. The other 3 marker i said it wasn't natural so some people may not like it as two parents is the norm.

Mutation question was about triplet coding for amino acids being changed, therefore different proteins will be produced. The respiration question i put mitochondrion due to aerobic respiration and cytoplasm because of anerobic respiration. Hoping for an A overall, i feel like i should have done better on some questions though

Ah same! I feel like I could've done way better on those 3 markers and I got the same for the ratio question so maybe one mark for that?
I put the cell membrane for the respiration question rather than cytoplasm, so I dunno if I got that right.
I didn't like that one about the stem cells though.
Reply 104
Original post by Ella_08
Well what's done is done. You still have B7 right?

Yeah, I do I guess. But we didn't get taught half of it so I'm gonna have to do some serious revision over the next week or so.
Original post by Lsford
Yeah, I do I guess. But we didn't get taught half of it so I'm gonna have to do some serious revision over the next week or so.

Let's just try our best to boost up our average then. Same with me, we were just given worksheets and I don't understand any of it. It's gonna be a fun weekend :hmpf:
Reply 106
Original post by Ella_08
Let's just try our best to boost up our average then. Same with me, we were just given worksheets and I don't understand any of it. It's gonna be a fun weekend :hmpf:

omg same, our teacher photocopied the textbook and told us to answer the questions in it and that's it. But yeah I guess we can defo boost our averages with B7
Reply 107
I'm just mad at myself for doing the straight line of best fit instead of a curve!!

Also, what did you guys get for the mice/MS/stem cell why can't they be used question?
Oh also guys you know that 1 marker that was like 'what type of protein could it have formed' or whatever, what did you guys put? I put amino acids because I wasn't sure
Original post by rkp123
I'm just mad at myself for doing the straight line of best fit instead of a curve!!

Also, what did you guys get for the mice/MS/stem cell why can't they be used question?

I guessed, said mice have a different number of chromosomes to us so it wouldn't work. I was pretty clueless throughout a lot of the short answer questions tbh
Reply 110
Original post by NiamhM1801
I guessed, said mice have a different number of chromosomes to us so it wouldn't work. I was pretty clueless throughout a lot of the short answer questions tbh

That's what I put!
Reply 111
Oh also guys you know that 1 marker that was like 'what type of protein could it have formed' or whatever, what did you guys put? I put amino acids because I wasn't sure

I put enzymes but wasn't sure tbh. There were a lot of 1 mark questions in that paper!
So who did people put for the final question? Orla or Amy? (I'm not sure if either of them are even right, but I put Orla first and then crossed it out to put Amy. My gut instinct has always been wrong over the other exams, so now when I think 'hmm maybe I should change that' I just do it! But maybe I was wrong ://)

I said enzymes ( which are proteins) for aerobic respiration
Original post by louisemayorx
So who did people put for the final question? Orla or Amy? (I'm not sure if either of them are even right, but I put Orla first and then crossed it out to put Amy. My gut instinct has always been wrong over the other exams, so now when I think 'hmm maybe I should change that' I just do it! But maybe I was wrong ://)

I put Amy. What actually happens is your brain sends a neuron to the motor neuron in the reflex arc to override the reflex, and hers was the closest to that.
Original post by Lsford
omg same, our teacher photocopied the textbook and told us to answer the questions in it and that's it. But yeah I guess we can defo boost our averages with B7

Going to those lessons were a waste of time tbh. And yeah I'm gonna do hardcore revision for B7
Original post by rkp123

My answer waa it Might get rejected due to different genetic chromosome numbers.
Original post by Lsford
I put enzymes but wasn't sure tbh. There were a lot of 1 mark questions in that paper!

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I said enzymes ( which are proteins) for aerobic respiration

Argh of course! Although it did say could which implies there might be a few possibilities? I don't know I'm trying to be optimistic here haha

And yeah there were quite a lot weren't there? I liked the baby reflex one and the applications of anaerobic respiration one though
Reply 118
Original post by louisemayorx

I put Orla because her explanation was the exact words used in the revision guide. But looking back I think it may have been Amy because her explanation was more detailed. But she didn't say that the response was overridden by a neurone between the brain and the motor neurone like the revision guide does as she said that the brain sends a response... So I'm not really sure tbh, it could've been either.
Original post by Lsford
That's what I put!

Oh good! I thought I was completely wrong haha (I mean i still might be but people saying the same thing has given me a link more confidence!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending