The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa biology unit 2 higher

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
I put 1 min running and it was Meiosis.

I put 1.5 as that's where it peaked and from after that he was just paying back oxygen debt

I'm pretty sure it's definitely mitosis as it did say a fertilised egg
For the question about the mass of the DNA in cells,

didnt the question ask for the mass of cells B, C and D?I thought they alreasy gave us the amass of DNA in cell A so they didnt ask about it

I got B=13.3
C=6.6
D=3.3
Original post by Blahblahblah7
I put 1.5 as that's where it peaked and from after that he was just paying back oxygen debt

I'm pretty sure it's definitely mitosis as it did say a fertilised egg

The first 0.5 was not moving so you subtract that.

Original post by EBeddowes
For the question about the mass of the DNA in cells,

didnt the question ask for the mass of cells B, C and D?I thought they alreasy gave us the amass of DNA in cell A so they didnt ask about it

I got B=13.3
C=6.6
D=3.3

Correct.

Correct.

Didn't realise that I needed to subtract the 0.5, can you rember the question?
Reply 104
Original post by Redcoats
You may well be correct. There's a divide between 1 and 1.5 minutes though the majority have put down 1.5

I guess we'll just have to see, there were so many deceptive questions. What did you get for the chromosome one? With B,C,D cells I think?
Didn't realise that I needed to subtract the 0.5, can you rember the question?

It asked how long he ran for. If you looked at his blood pressure, the first 0.5 was stable. Then it increased (running) then stabled again (stopped). It then went down slowly as he had stopped running and gave it time to drop.

Correct.

So what is the answer for the running one ? I got 0.9 ?! I thought that you only had to calculate the one on the steep line
I did notice however it say ".......... minutes" with an S. So either a trick by them or 1 is incorrect.
Original post by nisha.sri
So what is the answer for the running one ? I got 0.9 ?! I thought that you only had to calculate the one on the steep line

How the hell did you get 0.9? Everyone got either 1 or 1.5.
Mitosis is for body cells meiosis is for sex cells
How the hell did you get 0.9? Everyone got either 1 or 1.5.

IKR !! :frown: I was about to put 1.9 but I put 0.9 :s-smilie:
I just calculated the steep line
Reply 111
I did notice however it say ".......... minutes" with an S. So either a trick by them or 1 is incorrect.

No, they couldn't use the singular of 'minutes' in the answer could they? I agree with you, it must be 1 technically, but the question was very subjective

Wait what ?
Original post by etata
No, they couldn't use the singular of 'minutes' in the answer could they? I agree with you, it must be 1 technically, but the question was very subjective

Well really they should have done Minute(s) but it's an exam board... They want people to get tricked and fail...
Original post by nisha.sri
Wait what ?

They either tricked us or it's more than 1 minute.
Reply 115
Well really they should have done Minute(s) but it's an exam board... They want people to get tricked and fail...

Anyway, life's too short to dwell on a snaky exam board... even though it will probably spoil my grades
So how many minutes was it? I noticed the minute(s) but did 1 anyway?
It asked how long he ran for. If you looked at his blood pressure, the first 0.5 was stable. Then it increased (running) then stabled again (stopped). It then went down slowly as he had stopped running and gave it time to drop.

Oh ok,maybe your right, I was under the assumption that the athlete had began excercise and that the O2 and glucose in his blood stream was sufficient for aerobic respiration for 30 seconds.

Although in hindsight, you answer seems more accurate as even standing up increases BP.
Oh ok,maybe your right, I was under the assumption that the athlete had began excercise and that the O2 and glucose in his blood stream was sufficient for aerobic respiration for 30 seconds.

Although in hindsight, you answer seems more accurate as even standing up increases BP.

According to this (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4155773) I am wrong ;(

You never know, it is unofficial for a reason. :smile:

Quick Reply