The Student Room Group

AQA B3 paper 10/6/16

it was alright, I was praising the lord that kidneys, dialysis and all the technical stuff didn't come up.
it was alright, but covered a lot of content, i chatted a lot of sh*t, but hey ho, how did you all find it?

what answers did you all get?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babymarima
it was alright, I was praising the lord that kidneys, dialysis and all the technical stuff didn't come up.
it was alright, but covered a lot of content, i chatted a lot of sh*t, but hey ho, how did you all find it?

what answers did you all get?

What did u write for the second 6 marker?
Reply 2
Original post by rumrumrose
What did u write for the second 6 marker?

what was it again?
Original post by babymarima
what was it again?

Thats the thing i cant remember exactly what it was on but i think it was something about the thermorgulatory system idk :no:
It was on how the body reacts to the cold. I put about shivering, vasoconstriction, and hairs standing up on end.
Reply 5
Original post by wildjones
It was on how the body reacts to the cold. I put about shivering, vasoconstriction, and hairs standing up on end.

oh yeahhh, yup i included all those things, wasn't too sure on the details of the hair standing up on end though
easiest test i've ever done!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by wildjones

No it was on how the body reacts to when it's hot. You had to talk about vasodilation and sweating.
Reply 8
Original post by Federerr
No it was on how the body reacts to when it's hot. You had to talk about vasodilation and sweating.

It was cold, not hot.
Original post by Federerr

It was definitely cold, I triple checked it
Reply 10
I made the same mistake and wrote about when the core body temperature overheats :/ 6 easy marks down the drain aghh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 0 marks for the last question because I have no clue about mycoprotein, we were taught about 50%, I self taught like 40% from the revision guide and the rest wasn't covered in enough detail in both so i didn't know
What was the first six marker on? I swear it wasnt on blood like i saw on another thread. There was one on the transport of things through a plant but im not sure that was 6.
Yes, it was transport of water, ions and sugar in a plant.
Original post by Rangzii
What was the first six marker on? I swear it wasnt on blood like i saw on another thread. There was one on the transport of things through a plant but im not sure that was 6.

It was something like "Describe how ions, water and sugars are transported up and down plants". The question said you had to refer to transport in both directions in your answer.
for the composition of blood difference for artery and vein, i wrote vein is deoxygenated and has no glucose, but was I supposed to say less glucose?
Less probably would have been better
I wrote veins blood has more carbon dioxide
Original post by Rangzii
Less probably would have been better
I wrote veins blood has more carbon dioxide

u think i wud still get teh mark.
Reply 18
Original post by Rangzii
It was cold, not hot.

i'm pretty sure it was what happened when core body temperature becomes too high
i double checked and all of my mates and basically everyone on here agrees
(edited 7 years ago)
the six marker on body temperature was definitely hot.
the first six marker was definitely on the blood.
Are people sure they are talking about AQA B3? not another exam board?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending