The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 2 (WBIO2) / June 10th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wenogk
Jinx! its pyramidal not tetrahedral

Yeah it's pyramidal but angle is correct
Original post by I <3 WORK
What were the answers to the Multiple Choice Questions:

1. About how many peaks 1,2 dichloroethane had - I wrote 3 but not sure.
2. How many moles of Sodium Sulfate reacted - I wrote 1.00 mol but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong due to the wrong method I think I used.

Also the question that asked to draw the structure of ClO7 - how many marks was that?

Damn that was quite a hard exam! :s-smilie:

it was for one mark
what was the section for the 1 mol in the MCQ a b c or d
also what did you choose for the spectra
I found the exam ok aswell. But there are many small things I'm unsure about in my answers.
I wrote down the first 16 MCQ answers on my calculator before time ran out, this is what I got: BCACDDDDADBBDABB, didn't have time to write down the last 4.
If you wrote down your MC aswell share them so I can compare :smile:
what do you think the minimum mark for A for this session?
Reply 124
Original post by mr.holmes
it was for one mark
what was the section for the 1 mol in the MCQ a b c or d
also what did you choose for the spectra

It was D I think but not 100% sure, what did you write? And I wrote there were 3 peaks but again I'm not too sure.
It was D I think but not 100% sure, what did you write? And I wrote there were 3 peaks but again I'm not too sure.

i wrote 3 too
what was the answer for % uncertainty?
and what was the compound represented by the mass spectra?
Also, how was the reaction of iodobutane and the other compound( it included the ammnoia)
Reply 126
i wrote 3 too
Also, how was the reaction of iodobutane and the other compound( it included the ammnoia)

I think it was 0.05/0.5 if I remember correctly (something with a 5 anyway). I think it was a ketone I wrote but not sure. And you mean the reaction with ammonia to produce an amine?

I wrote it to be:

2NH3 + 1-Iodobutane => Butylamine + NH4I

So do you remember what you wrote for Sodium Sulfate moles? (It was part D I think of the MC)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Becka99
What did you write for the product of water with Cl2O7 .
And in the mcq which gave a peak at m/e value 31

It's HClO4.
I think it was 0.05/0.5 if I remember correctly (something with a 5 anyway). I think it was a ketone I wrote but not sure. And you mean the reaction with ammonia to produce an amine?

I wrote it to be:

2NH3 + 1-Iodobutane => Butylamine + NH4I

So do you remember what you wrote for Sodium Sulfate moles? (It was part D I think of the MC)

i wrote 1 i think its D
and yes i did the same equation as you did
but i wrote an aldehyde for the spectra not sure either.....
Reply 129
i wrote 1 i think its D
and yes i did the same equation as you did
but i wrote an aldehyde for the spectra not sure either.....

I'm really not too sure to be honest, I tried to rush with the MC just because I knew the other questions I would take more time in. And what about the Stage 3 of the reaction with Barium Nitrate - what did you write for that solid? I wrote BaO but I've no idea. The last question was also a bit confusing - I wrote it's larger for Iodine and smaller for Titre, what about you?
Molecular ion peak is 3.
IR spectra produced belonged to propanone.
Mass of Iodine 114.2g.
Percentage Uncertainty: 1%
Sodium Sulfate moles : 0.33 (not sure of the answer).
Structure of Cl2O7 : Google it. Its on wikipedia.

Paper was not that bad. What was the White solid produced at step 3? I wrote BaO.
Reply 131
i wrote 3 too

Actually I just realised it was 1% for the percentage uncertainty I wrote. :wink:
I'm really not too sure to be honest, I tried to rush with the MC just because I knew the other questions I would take more time in. And what about the Stage 3 of the reaction with Barium Nitrate - what did you write for that solid? I wrote BaO but I've no idea. The last question was also a bit confusing - I wrote it's larger for Iodine and smaller for Titre, what about you?

i wrote the same BaO for stage 3
for the last question, i i did no change for titre and a smaller change for iodine
i used the first paragraph in the question were it said something about the unsaturation and iodine
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Molecular ion peak is 3.
Mass of Iodine 114.2g.

Paper was not that bad. What was the White solid produced at step 3? I wrote BaO.

I got the same answers as you. For 0.33 I just guessed and crossed 0.33 because I ran out of time. But everything else we have the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually I just realised it was 1% for the percentage uncertainty I wrote. :wink:

what was the section plz?
(edited 7 years ago)
Molecular ion peak is 3.
Mass of Iodine 114.2g.

yay!! i got the same for the molecular ion,mass of iodine,%uncertainty. cant remember the sodium sulfate one!
what did you guys write for the organic compound for the rates of halogenoalkane question?
It's HClO4.

Dang I wrote HCLO3
i wrote barium nitrite for stage 3
Original post by pondsteps
i wrote barium nitrite for stage 3

Me too😍😍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending